Greetings from Wales

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbaylis

Junior
Reaction score
After divorcing separating and then divorcing five years ago I reluctantly decided my future was uncertain enough that it was impractical to store or move all my winemaking equipment of many years from place to place whilst I settled my life again. I had made lots of country wines and everyday drinking wines from kits for many years so it was hard to say goodbye to all my demis and sundry equipment.

I've now decided the time is right to take the plunge back into winemaking, and although it is proving expensive to start acquiring everything again I'm going to make a start. I have damson, elder, dandelion in plentiful supply right here and I'm looking forward to planting and foraging for other ingredients (as well as swapping produce for wines with my neighbours).

I hope to be able to contribute from whatever knowledge I've managed to retain, as well as seek advice from other forum members. I have a burning question already and I'm off to post that one up now in the country wines section and see if anyone can help.

Cheers - Richard.

After divorcing separating and then divorcing five years ago I reluctantly decided my future was uncertain enough that it was impractical to store or move all my winemaking equipment of many years from place to place whilst I settled my life again. I had made lots of country wines and everyday drinking wines from kits for many years so it was hard to say goodbye to all my demis and sundry equipment.

I've now decided the time is right to take the plunge back into winemaking, and although it is proving expensive to start acquiring everything again I'm going to make a start. I have damson, elder, dandelion in plentiful supply right here and I'm looking forward to planting and foraging for other ingredients (as well as swapping produce for wines with my neighbours).

I hope to be able to contribute from whatever knowledge I've managed to retain, as well as seek advice from other forum members. I have a burning question already and I'm off to post that one up now in the country wines section and see if anyone can help.

Cheers - Richard.

Hi, Richard. Welcome. Wales , as in Wales, UK?

Umm, I should think so! :D Bernard, perhaps you are blinded to these tell-tales by your UK roots? :hug

Umm, I should think so! :D Bernard, perhaps you are blinded to these tell-tales by your UK roots? :hug

Ha ha ha ... I was ! But doesn't everyone here use "whilst" and "sundry".. and "damson"? Good grief! You would have thought folk on this side of the pond spoke Queen's English ::

Last edited:
Yeah, the choice of words does indeed confirm that is Wales, UK. I know of no other :) Mind you, although I live in Wales now I can only claim my paternal grandmother as a Welsh descendent, and I don't speak the language. But I did recognise the word 'welcome' in your post ibglowin without having to resort to Google Translate so I must be slowly 'going native'.

Had a fantastic (but very wet) 3 days in Bath and Cardiff a few years back. I am a big Torchwood fan! LOL

Latest posts

Back