Texas winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knockabout

Reaction score
Hi! We started here a year and a half ago and fell in love with winemaking. WE are starting our enology certificate in the Vesta program. As part of the program a practicum is required. Wondering if any fellow Texans here have a winery around Hill Country or San Antonio where we could come in and do a short (8-12 hours) practicum where we observe, work for u in exchange for questions?

That sounds fun. I'll be watching to see if there are any takers. For all the wineries there are here in TX. I have never seen any representatives on here.

Agreed there are only a few posts from Texas participants on the commercial side. It would have been great 2 years ago when we started up ours to be able to post some questions but I think the industry educates newbies through intern programs. After quite a number of starts and stops (legal, money, time, etc.) we are finally bottling our first vintage.

I myself am very bad about checking this forum to see if I can learn something or even assist with our limited experience. I'll make an effort to check this area a couple of times a week while having that first cup of coffee.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you have any questions or want to chat about 2015 vintage.

Vesta

It's a good program and to answer your question about finding a winery that works with students, is you should be able to find the ones local to you from Vesta itself. They should have a list of wineries in your area. I was ask to offer my services to the students in my area, (NW Missouri) and have had several students. Some have drove many miles to work here. For the very reason that there is a shortage of wineries that are willing to participate. I'm also currently serving on the Missouri Board for Vesta. If you have no luck contact me. Call my winery and leave a message and I'll get back with you. Galen, Ladoga Ridge Winery ;)

Back