New to forum and wine making

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virgogirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi.
I am just starting out with the whole wine making i am hoping to make this a new hobbie of mine, i just started drinking wine a few years ago. i came across this site site and look forward on all the advice i may receive from everyone here. i pick up my equipment this weekend and really look forward to getting to know all about it and how to use it. Please forgive me if i ask dumb questions :h

thank you everyone in advance
talk soon

Welcome and sorry you waited so long to join. Make sure you get a hydrometer with your supplies.

Tell us what you are getting and we can guide you if you really need it or not.

Again welcome

Welcome to a great forum, virgogirl.
Halifax .. Nova Scotia?

thank you and yes i believe one is with the kit i am getting. where should i post what i am getting?

Welcome, if you are going to post about a specific kit do so in the wine kit area and when thrwad is started it will ask you which specific manufacturer you are making. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome, glad to see ya. Like Steve said, get a hydrometer, but buy 2 instead of one. They tend to break, but if you have 2 they seem to last a lot longer. Arne.

Welcome to the forum, Virgogirl. You have a lot of help on line and you have a lot right around you in "New Scotland."

Last edited:
Welcome to a great forum! Lots of good people and information here.. Have fun!

:D thanks everyone i do feel very welcome and everyone has been very helpful. i am learning from mistakes already.

Welcome! You will become quickly addicted to this hobby. I am newer too and the people on this forum are kind and generous with the information! I started with the kits and they are pretty clear (still have 3 sitting in carboys at various stages); but degassing is the tricky part; you'll want to definitiely make sure you address this at warmer temps and with an appropriate tool - it's worth it. This was my "note to file" so I am passing this nugget of information on to you grasshopper.

I am ordering my last 3.5 batches of concentrate and will be crafting my last batch(es) of wine until Winter comes again. I figure that this will hog all the carboys in the house until then and my husband asks for some back for brewing beer (after hunting season of course).

Welcome! You will become quickly addicted to this hobby. I am newer too and the people on this forum are kind and generous with the information! I started with the kits and they are pretty clear (still have 3 sitting in carboys at various stages); but degassing is the tricky part; you'll want to definitiely make sure you address this at warmer temps and with an appropriate tool - it's worth it. This was my "note to file" so I am passing this nugget of information on to you grasshopper.

I am ordering my last 3.5 batches of concentrate and will be crafting my last batch(es) of wine until Winter comes again. I figure that this will hog all the carboys in the house until then and my husband asks for some back for brewing beer (after hunting season of course).

thanks i hear ya on quickly getting addicted lol i am already looking at other kits and looking at setting up my space for it lol my bf is going to have to share the lizard room( we have a few reptiles lol) i like useing that room cause we regulate the temapter in there for them so know it should work well for me. :b

Back