Thinking outside the box

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
almond wine

I have a alternative plan ,but I will make the wine..:b

Almond wine

I didn't think I'd have such a hesitation on this but,I think what I'll do first is make a extract of almonds and see how that turns out if thats good then I'll make a white wine and back feed the extract to it,back sweeten if need and move forward on it ,just my backup plan..what do you think wolfman....:u

Joe I like this idea of the extract. Go ahead and make your table wine and a seperate batch of extract. This way they're both aging and getting tweaked at the same time.Then you can go ahead and do your bench trails to see what blend will work. I like your Idea, Joe.

wine list

Major WINE LIST WOLF MAN:b

ordered the Seville orange kit //will duplicate it .:pic

ordered a tangerine /voignier sounded tasty,will also duplicate it,just for kicks...:pic

TRYIING TO GET PICS UP SOON...:pic

Major WINE LIST WOLF MAN:b

ordered the Seville orange kit //will duplicate it .:pic

ordered a tangerine /voignier sounded tasty,will also duplicate it,just for kicks...:pic

TRYIING TO GET PICS UP SOON...:pic

That does sound tasty to me also. Make it now and that just might be a great Christmas wine give away. I try to make one simple kit every year just for that reason.

Kicks huh? High alcohol and mix with tonic water and ice or maybe a shot of vodka or ever clear? Kicks are for kids, silly wabbit!

cellos

ON the next addition of when good wines gone bad,I'm going to start a short on how to make cello's,will also try for pics,this week,have to make arrangements for some aid in getting them done and on line thats not my stronger suit (computers):pic:sm,should prove interresting..:sm

Almond wine

GETTING READY TO ADD PICS,AND START THE ALMOND WINE SAGA,iM GOING TO ROAST MY ALMONDS WHOLE ,THEN MAKE A EXTRACT OF THEM AND TAKE IT FROM THERE ,FOR THE FAINT OF HEART THIS WILL NOT BE FOR YOU ,BUT FOR THE ADVENTURERS IN SOME OF USE STAYED TOON.PICS TO FOLLOW..:dg

joeswine, May the force be with you! ;) I would love to make this but I don't have the time right now that I would need to give it enough attention to turn out right.

almond wine

NOT TO FEAR :db

just stay tooned and it will either unfold or clasp,which ever comes first :dg

no time?

REDTRK:i

non of this is hard and the time is -on its own when your making wine,plan your work and work your plan..theres always time:sn

Almond wine

MY THE NUTS BE WITH YOU:i

started the almond wine last night actually had a video made on it but couldn't post it as yet,roasted a quart of whole almonds at 225 degrees for 15 minutes,then left set in the oven till I was ready for them,added them back to the ball jar and added everkleer to the top,I'll let this set for about a month and see what type of extract I can up with,if alls well at that point,then I'll either buy a cheap white wine kit or if I wait till the California wines come in and get one then,I like the idea of a cheap wine kit its faster and balanced....great for my experiment.....:dg

almond wine

THE START:d

last night I smelled the almond extract and it starting to work ,didn't think it would but it has,at this point there is no oil floating or smell other than a lite odor of almonds,,,still in process:b

almond extract

hello:d

from the beginning post to now there should have been vast improvement in the extract ,but not really,so I will remove the almonds from the everclear and grind them up then replace them with the everclear and see what happens ,if you don't try you won't know..:tz

It did'nt happen

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD:tz

WELL THAT DIDN'T DO WHAT I EXPECTED IT TO BUT NEVE FEAR THE GAMES A FOOT,TIME TO CRUSH THESE LITTLE GEMS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS THEN....:r

I would like to try almond wine. I have done peanut wine before and then mixed it with concord wine :). Worked great. Nuts are very difficult to extract flavor from.

almond wine revisited

I agree this has been the hardest extraction so far but I'm not done yet,plan B..crush the nuts:tz place them back into the everkleer and see what transpires....any other suggestions?:db

Peach wine

LAST OF THE PEACHES:pic

COULDN'T PASS UP THIS OFFER 40LBS OF PEACHES FOR A QUICK CKECK OF THE ORCHARDS MAIN FURNACE...I REALLY DIDN'T WANT THEM BUT THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL AND READY FOR WINE...SO THERE THEY WERE AND THERE I WAS AND COULDN'T SAY NO...THE ALMOND EXTRACT HASN'T DONE WHAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD DO SO I NEED TO CRUSH MY NUTS:slp YES I WILL CRUSH MY ALMONDS AND IF THAT DON'T DO IT I WILL NEED TO HIT THE DRAWING BOARD FOR SOME TOP OF THE LINRE PURE EXTRACT AND MOVE FORWARD:slip THESE ARE THE TRICKS OF THE TRADE:sm

Latest posts

Back