Vineco Vineco Passport 2018 LE Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernChemist

Professor
Reaction score
http://www.vinecowine.com/products/passport-series

Just saw this on Vineco's website. Figured I would share.

Aglianico Cabernet Merlot - Campania | Tuscany | Veneto, Italy (February 2018)

Sweetness: Dry Alcohol: 14% Body: Full

Aglianico, a full-bodied Italian varietal, adds personality to classic Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot in a bold crimson blend. With rustic earthy flavours including spicy pepper, leather and tobacco to ripe plum and black fruits, this blend’s fine tannins provide a pleasing and not too astringent finish. The fruit and earth are in harmony creating a beautifully balanced red wine.

Grenache - Rhone Valley, France (December 2017)

Sweetness: Dry Alcohol: 13.5% Body: Med-Full

This French varietal has a distinctive combination of fruit and spice in the aroma making for a lively wine. The medium bodied red boasts flavours of red fruit, with hints of anise and tobacco. Fine tannins leave the palate balanced on the finish.

Two Roads Red - Dry Creek Valley, California (with Grape Skins) (March 2018)

Sweetness: Dry Alcohol: 14.5% Body: Full

A real powerhouse, this blend has a bold taste and tannic backbone. The addition of Petit Syrah softens the jammy notes that are characteristic of Zinfandel and the Cabernet Sauvignon lends texture. Dark ripe berry aromas blend with smoke and spice elements that lead into flavours of black cherry, vanilla, and black pepper with a lasting finish.

Viognier Roussanne Marsanne - Northern Rhone & Savoie, France (January 2018)

Sweetness: Off-Dry Alcohol: 12.5% Body: Medium

This enchanting white Rhone blend marries three varietals, Viognier, Roussanne and Marsanne into one tantalizing off-dry wine. Peach, pear and honeysuckle in the bouquet make way for hints of spice, pear, tangerine and fresh rose petal on the palate. Crisp and balanced, the finish allows one to fully enjoy the floral and fruit flavours.

This is way different than a pure Viognier. Still an excellent wine. Surprised its listed as off dry. They offered this last in 2011 and it was dry.

I've been wanting to make a Viognier for some time, so this may be my opportunity....

Sounds like a winner to me, I'll try this one I really.appricate blends they offer difference not the same old,same old..

I've been wanting to make a Viognier for some time, so this may be my opportunity....

Vineco have other Viognier kits you might like . This year the new Atmosphere line has two limited release kits .

** LIMITED RELEASE Viognier Red

Sweetness: Dry Alcohol: 13.5% Oak: Medium Body: Medium Full
Aromas of dark fruit are complimented by spice with hints of vanilla. This medium-full bodied red holds velvety tannins with a lush vibrant finish.

** LIMTED RELEASE Viognier White

Sweetness: Off Dry Alcohol: 13% Oak: None Body: Medium
Layers of vibrant fruit character. Off dry, medium bodied, boasting tropical citrus and green apple notes with a refreshing crisp finish.

I have the red one !:b

P_20170831_174743_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

Aglianico-Cab-Merlot will likely be on my list.

I'm making grape wines similar to the Two Roads Red, but would highly recommend that blend.

Atmosphere options look really nice too. I imagine the "Viognier Red" is probably 95% Syrah and 5% Viognier. Another nice blend.

The Atmosphere Washington Viognier Red is a blend of Merlot , Shyrah and Viognier .

RJS has a limited release Shiraz Voignier. That is on my list with the 2 Roads.

So the Merlot doesn't come with skins?

I cant find anywhere that any of them come with skins?

I can only imagine they will considering there a limited kit and the RJS and Wine Expert kits come with skins.

So the Merlot doesn't come with skins?

Yes, that is a fair inference. I have never understood why most of the limited edition kits do not come with skins. Usually only one per year does in each line.

I cant find anywhere that any of them come with skins?

I can only imagine they will considering there a limited kit and the RJS and Wine Expert kits come with skins.

Look at the Two Roads Red:
Two Roads Red - Dry Creek Valley, California (with Grape Skins)

Yes, that is a fair inference. I have never understood why most of the limited edition kits do not come with skins. Usually only one per year does in each line.

Look at the Two Roads Red:

Thanks for clarifying, the two
Roads red was the one i was going for so im glad to see it comes with a skin pack.

As for the merlot, is it true that a kit labeled 18 liters that comes with a skin pack is actually closer to 16 liters and the skins make up the other 2 liters? So the two roads red would be 16 liters of juice and 2 liters of grape skins and the merlot would be 18 liters of juice with no skins?

I'm still learning my varietals: does anyone know if the French Grenache would be comparable to a Spanish Garnacha? Hubby and I really like Pallas Old Vine Garnacha from Spain, which is a full-bodied, high ABV wine. I doubt the Passport Grenache would be as full-bodied, but would/could the flavors be similar?

I'm excited about the Two Roads Red too. I've been looking for a Petite Sirah, and that's probably as close as I'll be able to find in a kit.

I'm still learning my varietals: does anyone know if the French Grenache would be comparable to a Spanish Garnacha? Hubby and I really like Pallas Old Vine Garnacha from Spain, which is a full-bodied, high ABV wine. I doubt the Passport Grenache would be as full-bodied, but would/could the flavors be similar?

I'm excited about the Two Roads Red too. I've been looking for a Petite Sirah, and that's probably as close as I'll be able to find in a kit.

IMHO, yes, these should be comparable. They are the same grape.

Of course, growing conditions have a lot of influence, too. Grenache/Garnacha does well in hot climates, so Spain and southern France are its natural home. The French kit says "Rhone valley," so it is probably grown in the southern Rhone area. (Northern Rhone is mostly Syrah.)

YAY! Color me red and white!

Finally some LR's that look 'special'. I love Aglianico....so throw it in a blend and I'm totally in. My favorite white is Viognier so even with that blend I'll give it a whirl...Petite Syrah however you wanna spell it ..oh joy!! and if I'm gonna get three why not go for all four just because I'm so thrilled with these offerings Yay Wine JOY has been restored!

This is way different than a pure Viognier. Still an excellent wine. Surprised its listed as off dry. They offered this last in 2011 and it was dry.

Did the 2011 kit include any oak? Also does anyone know if this year's Viognier Roussanne Marsanne kit it oaked?

Latest posts

Back