New to the forum and wine making

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msinc

Junior
Reaction score
Hello from southern Maryland!!!! New to this wine making thing and have some questions before I ruin my first batch!!!! Thanks in advance to all with any info.

Hello from southern Maryland!!!! New to this wine making thing and have some questions before I ruin my first batch!!!! Thanks in advance to all with any info.

Welcome. You have come to a great place to learn and share. What is your first batch?

Welcome. You have come to a great place to learn and share. What is your first batch?

First batch is in it's infancy....just picked 5 pounds of wild blackberries!!!
They are lightly washed and in the freezer awaiting the recipe.

Thanks to everyone for the kind replies!!!!

Welcome to the forum!

I made a few mistakes making my first batch but thankfully not enough to ruin the batch. I think starting with a kit and carefully following the kit instructions is a good way to having success making your first batch of wine.

Thanks again for all the replies!!! Excited to be here and trying my hand at something new....any recommendations for a really good kit??? There are so many and I am sure some have exactly what is needed while others give you stuff that is "filler". I would like to get a kit that has the things I will need/use along this journey.

@msinc Welcome to the hobby and the forum! I'm near Annapolis.

Hi Heather,
I am in St. Mary's county and have heard it said repeatedly that the soil down here is not good for growing grapes...something about the flavor doesn't turn out too good. Ever hear that about Ann Arundel???? My grandparents were in Baltimore and had a big arbor of both white and dark purple grapes. They didn't make wine, but the jelly sure was a big hit. Just wondering if there is any truth to this bad tasting grapes thing???

Latest posts

Back