What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Tess, that looks fantastic.
I am happily married guy and from thee looks of that I want to marry you! And my wife is a wonderful cook.

Its my husbands favorite meatloaf. I love to cook and I love taking pictures of what I cook :pic :)

I love ya tess, but................
If i had a choice of eating a boiled egg are 4 day old dead possum on the road, I would eat the possum....Sorry.
Even as a kid at easter, I would throw them away...I could not get over the stink then are now....its just not right....LOL

thats alright James. everyone is different. It we were all alike life would be boring ;)

Tess, whats the name of the wild mushroom everyone goes and gets in the woods in the fall there...
I had some once in KoKomo, at a friends house, served with steaks, and they were excellent.

Im not sure if its a morel are something else...they had a word for it, other then morel,shitake,etc.....maybe it was a local thing...dont know.

Chili dogs, Frito pies and homemade sweet pickle relish. Paired with Trader Joes Shiraz.
Sometimes being an empty nester is just a step above Ramen noodles.

Tonight will be nachos.

Take the saltiest nacho chips you can find, spread them over a cookie sheet.
Dump refried beans into a plastic bag, snip the corner off, squeeze beans all over the chips (only use 1/4 to 1/2 of the can...freeze the rest to use for the next time you make nachos). Take some frozen, already cooked fajita chicken strips from HEB, thaw them out in the microwave. Chop into small chunks and spread over nachos. Go get a tomato or two out of the garden. Chop them up, spread over the nachos. Open up a can of chopped green chilis (hot, if you are into that kind of thing, otherwise mild), spread some all over the nachos. Finish up with your cheese of choice and stick it in the oven at 350 to 400 if you don't have the time or inclination to sit around and watch it, for about 15 minutes. If you are in a hurry, turn on the broiler but DO NOT LEAVE THE KITCHEN.

We will either be drinking prickly pear raspberry lemonade or Breckenridge Brewery Avalanche beer. I know it isn't wine, but seriously, I think this beer goes with just about anything. Except seafood. Red Stripe is the only thing to serve with seafood. Depends on what Manthing wants when he gets home from work.
Dead easy and better than any nachos you will ever be able to get from a restaurant.
eta: Serve with homemade salsa. Cheap, easy, and also better than anything you can ever buy from a store.

Last edited:
Its morel's James. Some people refer to them as sponges, snake heads. Im a morel nut come Spring!!!

Im making London broil with a Balsamic Glaze, Roasted red potato's, green beans, Home made yeast rolls and salad. We are gonna bust :) Probably serve this with a bottle of my black and blue! I'll get a picture

forget the potato's it is going to be oven backed white Cheddar mac and cheese

Tess, I'm so jealous. I wish we could forage for mushrooms around here.

we love it. the whole family gets into it. they are very good. I roll them in egg and flour and fry them in oil with salt and pepper. Its a meal and you dont need anything else with it. we eat a plate full

Its morel's James. Some people refer to them as sponges, snake heads. Im a morel nut come Spring!!!

I remember growing up in Ohio and hunting for them. We did the same. Egg and flour then fry. OMG.. so good.

I actually ordered some off Ebay a couple of years ago to try to suss a craving. You had to get on a list and they were shipped as soon as picked. Although they arrived in pretty good shape and in a cooled package, they just weren't as good as same day fresh.

home made salsbury steak with onion gravy, baked creamed corn, green beans,and rice...old time favorite, since its raining cats and dogs..may make some home made ice cream to boot.....

Love homemade Salisbury steak. All sounds good James

Latest posts

Back