WineXpert Eclipse Old Vines Zinfandel with Skins started today!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend that you top that up to the neck of the carboy. I have 8 six gallon carboys and some are right at 23L and some are like yours that require nearly another bottle to top it up. Just something I get used to. It's not so bad when you've made enough wine to just 'donate' a bottle from an earlier batch to a new one. I also have two Vadai barrels that about the same difference in size as well.

What should I top it up with tho? the only zinfandel I have is a white zin, I dont want to change the flavour very much, It would be handy to keep a bottle of this for topping up next time.

An inexpensive, store bought Zin would be fine. If all else fails, a little Merlot isn't going to change the profile.

Would the white zin be ok then or should I blend it with some merlot? how about drinking this wine do you guys drink it chilled? its alot darker than any zin i've had before.

White Zin is typically a sweet, blush wine. 'Regular' Zin is a fruity, spicy red. Definitely a red. You don't want to mix the two.

Might be better with topping up with the merlot then cheers, do you drink it room temp or chilled?

I answered before, but I had not seen the intermediate comments.

Top it with any cheap-to-decent red wine. Drink it at "cellar temperature," 17C + or -.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back