Mold

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowbird

first timer
Reaction score
Bought my strawberries yesterday. Started looking through them and some has a little mold( White looking substance) on them . Question is can i just rinse them off and it'll be o.k. or should I discard them?:cw

Toss them. If you would not eat them then dont use for wine.
Are you planning on making wine from these? If so how much. How many #'s you get?

Toss them. If you would not eat them then dont use for wine.
Are you planning on making wine from these? If so how much. How many #'s you get?

35#'s hopefully by the time i cap them and cull the bad one's i'll have almost 30#'s

35# will make 6 gallons. Save7+#'s for a f-pac.
Freeze all 1st for 2 days then add to 2 fermenting buckets and berries in 2 straining bags.
Do you have a recipe?
Have you made it before?
Keep us updated.

I have not made this before. I'm using the recipe I received off of here...

F-pac

F-PAC

How to make a F-PAC = Flavor Pac

Add 20-30% of #’s of fruit what was used in the primary (if you used 30# in recipe then you will need 6-9# more for the f-pac) in a large frying pan or pot. Simmer to extract all "flavor" and reduce the water from the fruit. Strain thru a kitchen strainer and add AFTER you rack and after the wine is DRY ( .990) You MUST have added k-meta and Sorbate before adding the f-pac. Once adding the f-pac you can add clearing agent. You will have to rack at least 2+ more times. Then back sweeten to YOUR taste using simple syrup.

Tom

Home of the
MOON RIVER BREWERY
and
DELANCO VINEYARDS

Latest posts

Back