Rocky the (Italian) Greek

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, sports fans, who are you picking in the Super Bowl?

I like New England to win. I think Atlanta is a very talented squad but they may have peaked against Dallas. I don't think they can reach that pinnacle again. Also, I have tremendous respect for the abilities of Belichick as a strategist and game manager and for Tom Brady as a QB and team leader. Besides, the way that New England dusted my "Stillers," they barely had an intra-squad scrimmage.

Let's hear those predictions! No point spread, just win or lose.

Also, I have tremendous respect for Tom Brady as a QB and team leader.

I recall watching leader Brady kicking his helmet around and screaming at his teammates like a little kid in their playoff loss the year NO won the Super Bowl. He was an adult then, so I don't think he's grown up. On the other hand, there's no more hated team for a Saints fan than the Falcons. Think I'll watch a good movie...........

I recall watching leader Brady kicking his helmet around and screaming at his teammates like a little kid in their playoff loss the year NO won the Super Bowl. He was an adult then, so I don't think he's grown up. On the other hand, there's no more hated team for a Saints fan than the Falcons. Think I'll watch a good movie...........

Come on, Johnd, make a pick. Being a life-long Steeler fan, I am not crazy about the Patriots, either but I acknowledge their talent.

With parents from Long Island and New England, I grew up with both Giants and Patriots influences. While the Giants are my team, the Pats are a very close second. Let's go New England!

PS: While it would have been cool, I don't think I could have handled another NE vs NY Super Bowl. Dreamt about that all my life, but when it actually happened, it was torture.

I have to say that there will be two very good teams on the field. They both have
their strengths and weaknesses. I hope for the Pats to win and a good game.

Bill

Long time "Brady, Belichick, Patriot" hater. LOL

Hey the cheaters are going to cheat, cheat, cheat somehow you know it! I watched a lot of play from both teams this season as SWMBO and I both play FFB and we had the NFL Red Zone channel all season. I think Brady is going to spend a lot of the game on his back on Sunday. I don't gamble but if I did I would take the Falcons and those points any day of the week. The Falcons defense has played very much like Seattle's "legion of BOOM" did when they won the Super Bowl back in 2014 and that game ended up in a blowout of Denver. Matt Ryan shredded defenses all season long. The offensive line protected him well all year and though they don't run much when they do they can open a hole. This will be like a home game for Atlanta.

Falcons all the way!

I hate to say it, because I'd rather Atlanta win, but New England. Bellachick will do what the Eagles did to Matty Ryan. I do think Tommy Brady-bunch will be on his back a bit and kick his helmet, but in a win, or is that a wine? Who does Vegas favor anyway?

Looks like it is 5 to 4 for New England so far. Keep them coming and I am asking who do you think will win, not who do you want to win. I wanted the Steelers to win but I thought all along that New England would beat them and they did.

I didn't hear any one complaining about N.O. deflated balls when they won or anybody that could beat the Pats whining about deflated balls. Frankly, I never cared much for the Pats UNTIL the losing whiners started squeezing balls. I care even less for the NFL now...it's their rule, their refs handle every ball that comes into the game, and then THEY claim the Pats cheated? hummmm...same pollster as the news media used last year?

I'll take the Pats because they are that good. I also think the Falcons may be just a touch better. Should be an excellent game!

I'm from Georgia and have always been a Falcons fan. I think it's going to be a close game with us getting the win if our defense plays well. Prediction: Falcons

RISE UP!!!!

Last edited:
I'm from Georgia and have always been a Falcons fan. I think it's going to be a close game with us getting the win if our defense plays well. Prediction: Falcons

RISE UP!!!!

I have seen and heard that phrase, "Rise up!" What is the significance of it? Is it some kind of team war cry? Thanks.

I have seen and heard that phrase, "Rise up!" What is the significance of it? Is it some kind of team war cry? Thanks.

Yes, more or less a war cry. It means different things to different people. A couple I've heard are rise up to the occasion and rise up to the next level. At the games, "Rise Up" appears on the Jumbotron when they want the fans to stand and make noise. Hence rise up from your seat.

My favorite teams are the Denver Broncos and whoever is playing the Raiders and the Patriots. Gotta root for Atlanta all the way. Bellicheat and CryBrady are going down!

Latest posts

Back