Wine Club Recommendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, a week ago, I got the email saying my order had been processed and I'd get another mail when it was shipped. I still haven't received shipping info. Have you guys?

No, me either, last week would have been a perfect week to ship to me as it was pretty cool the entire week, this week not cool at ALL! In the past when ever I got that email it meant they shipped mine out already as it always goes out on a Monday. Perhaps they are shipping today. I hope its just not ground.......

No, me either, last week would have been a perfect week to ship to me as it was pretty cool the entire week, this week not cool at ALL! In the past when ever I got that email it meant they shipped mine out already as it always goes out on a Monday. Perhaps they are shipping today. I hope its just not ground.......

Yep, 50's and 60's (mostly 50's) here for the last week. Going to be pushing 90 here in a day or two. :ft

I may call them today if I have time. We are going to be warm (~80F) early in the week but looks like it will cool down to lower 70's towards the end of the week. I didn't realize that many UPS shipments actually go for some of their travels in a loaded trailer by train. Then once it reaches a closer destination they take the trailer off and move it by truck/trailer to the final sorting facility for delivery.

Shipping today, should get tracking info tonight or tomorrow via email. Check the (daytime high) temps along your shipping route.

You have the right to refuse the wine if it is too hot and you feel it is cooked. During one of the fires a few years ago UPS refused to deliver packages for a week even though we were not evacuated where I live. The shipment sat in a trailer for 5 days in 85 degree weather. When it got to me I refused it. Ever since then I told them to use FedEx only for me. They delivered during the fire. UPS is Union, FedEx not union.

You have the right to refuse the wine if it is too hot and you feel it is cooked. During one of the fires a few years ago UPS refused to deliver packages for a week even though we were not evacuated where I live. The shipment sat in a trailer for 5 days in 85 degree weather. When it got to me I refused it. Ever since then I told them to use FedEx only for me. They delivered during the fire. UPS is Union, FedEx not union.

They don't ship with ice packs? Sometimes I will order from Vivino if they have something interesting and it's actually a good deal. For like $6, they will add an frozen brick to the package to keep it cool.

The winery is in the middle of nowhere (Paterson) in WA State close to the Columbia River on the border with OR. An Ice pack might work for a 1-2 day shipment but not a 4-5 day shipment like you (and I) It would be melted in 24 hours more than likely. It takes 5 days for UPS to reach me from WA State. Only 4 days for FedEx. Another reason I love FedEx! :hug

Last edited:
The winery is in the middle of nowhere (Paterson) in WA State close to the Columbia River on the border with OR. An Ice pack might work for a 1-2 day shipment but not a 4-5 day shipment like you (and I) It would be melted in 24 hours more than likely. It takes 5 days for UPS to reach me from WA State. Only 4 days for FedEx. Another reason I love FedEx! :hug

The ice pack that they send with Vivino is more like a frozen sponge like brick with gel injected inside of the sponge. Their shipments routinely take over a week to get to me (from CA to CT) and the brick is still frozen and wines cool once it does arrive.

When I get home, I will take a picture of it. I keep them as when we do our monthly community wine tastings, I keep them in the cooler to keep the reds and whites cool that we haven't tasted yet. (we do our tasting outdoors near the pool.)

Must be a magic brick of sorts! LOL When I order MLB from Morewine in CA I add the optional ice pack for like $0.75 and I am only two states away (like 1000 mile though) and mine is always a completely melted gel pack by the time it gets delivered to me.

Must be a magic brick of sorts! LOL When I order MLB from Morewine in CA I add the optional ice pack for like $0.75 and I am only two states away (like 1000 mile though) and mine is always a completely melted gel pack by the time it gets delivered to me.

Hmm. Maybe it's because when I order the ice pack, the wine comes in Styrofoam packing. Similar to this, but there is a slot in the middle that the ice brick fits right into. It acts like an ice chest.

getting-your-wine-home-11.jpg

Mine showed up. Due to be delivered next Tuesday. A nice, hot week on a truck. :ft

Latest posts

Back