Anyone age in kegs?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
I brew beer as well and have a number of 5 gallon kegs and another 15 gallon untouched keg. Are there any ill effects of aging in the keg ?

I would toss in my MLF with oak, put it in a keg, seal it up then leave it for a few months. thoughts?

I know several people who uses kegs like carboys. First you have to remove the valve and they are all stainless steel.

They also can be used for vacuum transferring.

How would this set up work? I thought wine would not agree in kegs

Why not ?
They are stainless steel and all and you pull out the center valve and install an airlock onto it. They are nice because they have handles and you do not have to worry about breakage - and they can hold a vacuum.

Why not ?
They are stainless steel and all and you pull out the center valve and install an airlock onto it. They are nice because they have handles and you do not have to worry about breakage - and they can hold a vacuum.
if you keep them under pressure will they age? I just got my Argon gas set up working and am thinking of switching to kegs

Thanks

i made a post about how to use kegs last year but im not sure how to post a link using my phone lol sorry.

I don't have argon right now, but I'd rather have it all age in one vessel vs two like usual. I just crushed my grapes today and it's sitting in the Brute. Problem is....I have 18 gallons of must. I was expecting 12. Now I may not be able to fit it in that keg!

well I wasn't going to use a sanke. However, with my new volume, I just might have to. Luckily I have a spare one of these lying around as well! I just need a #11 bung. I'm adding a ball valve to the keg for transferring.

Latest posts

Back