All in One Headspace Eliminator

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vacuumpumpman

Vendor
Sponsor
Reaction score
Introducing a new accessory, for the All in One wine pump system. The All in One Headspace Eliminator, Is a simple and cost effective new way to eliminate harmful headspace in your carboy.

Why did I come up with idea – For many years I have been trying to come up with an easy and affordable design that will remove extra air space because of racking. During the wine making process, it is often necessary to top off your wine in order to eliminate excessive oxygen contact, which could oxidize and ruin your wine. With the All in One Headspace Eliminator, it is now possible to vacuum out most all of the air, helping to eliminate the possibility of oxidation.

What are the advantages of the vacuum eliminator?
You are no longer diluting or changing the taste and quality of your original wine by topping off with another which contains additional chemicals.
Cost effective – no more purchasing of smaller carboys, bungs and airlocks.
Removes additional co2 which aids in the degassing process.

It is 100% reusable.

The All in One headspace Eliminator is designed primarily for the first 8 critical weeks of winemaking. From racking to racking, the Eliminator will help prevent oxidation resulting in a better quality wine. Trial testing has been successful up to 12 weeks with no loss of vacuum! As with any other air lock, it needs to be inspected on occasion, which is easy to detect simply by observing the vacuum indicator for suction. If it is collapsed you know that you have more than 10 inches of vacuum – if the bulb is inflated then you has less than 10 inches of vacuum.
What the kit includes is the following -

The Eliminator comes fully assembled – just email me which size bungs you need. (Typical size is #7 bung). You will receive a custom 2 hole bung with a one way valve installed, a vacuum indicator bulb and a adapter which attaches to your All in One wine pump or any ¼ vacuum hose.

Please contact me through email for purchase –
[email protected]
Pricing: $12.50 each plus $5.00 shipping. Save on shipping and purchase up to 5 Eliminators for the same low shipping price of $5.00

final [500x281] 35.jpg

Last edited:
I already have one. It is called a lock down valve on a single hole bung, When Drawn down to 25 in.Hg and locked down it will hold between 10 and 20 in.Hg almost indefinitely. But cam over lock down valves are ExpeeenSive. So I mainly use it for degasing because I only have one, Just draw it down and lock it go back 1/2 hour later and let off remaining vacuum if any and draw her down again. repeat till no cO2 bubbles appear. You may have a duel purpose tool there Steve!

Steve,

Does it work on Better Bottles?

Terry

I don't believe so - it draws a vacuum to 22 inches and I believe that the plastic will implode inwards.

I believe the better bottles will start to implode once 4 inches of vacuum is reached

Sorry - Will keep thing for you as well !

dralarms - Gearld and NorCal - Don't worry - I hopefully will be making a video by this weekend to make this even more understandable and how useful it is.

Boatboy24 - Jim So please tell me what name would you call this device ???

I was lucky enough to be a part of trial testing on this neat little device and I am REALLY impressed. I can not believe how well it has held it's original vacuum. I put these on 2 different carboys back on March 25th and both are going strong with no loss of suction.
Both wines were in the clearing stages. One was a fruit base wine with 4 gals in a 5gl carboy and the other, an all juice bucket kit with about 5.5 gl in a 6 gl carboy. Although I thought I had degassed really well, the juice bucket kit still had plenty of bubbles when I put the Eliminator on. Just one more assurance that it's working.
Although this not designed for long term aging, it has afforded me a little extra time to put off racking the wine a few more weeks without worry of oxidation. Not to mention saving me from using a 3 gl and a 1 gal for the fruit wine. If I can save time not racking into 2 vessels, money on extra vessels and procrastinate with peace of mind, heck yeah! I'm in.

Thanks Steve for the chance to test it. I will be placing my order for more Headspace Eliminators for my other carboys soon. I will never use a commercial wine in my masterpieces again.

CDC278CE-2F92-482D-AFCA-3F9D9AE25F95.jpg

Last edited:
Steve, do you see any reason why this wouldn't work with beer making? Once it is done fermenting, racked and just waiting to clear?

I don't know much about beer making -

I cant see any reason why it would not work ? You are using the same process as wine to remove the air content - correct ?

Steve,
Just noticed that this device really pulls out the CO2 on a gassy wine. Will it do any harm to run for awhile just to degas?

Terry

I don't believe it will hurt the wine. I degas by pulling a static vacuum (i.e., not just during racking). I also agitate the wine while pulling the vacuum.

I cannot speak to whether it would hurt Steve's pump, of course.

Steve,
Just noticed that this device really pulls out the CO2 on a gassy wine. Will it do any harm to run for awhile just to degas?

Terry

Terry
Yes it really does pull the CO2 out using this device ( or any hand held vacuum pump also ! ) I do not recommend using it for extended times as you are dead heading the pump - which is not good for the pump for longevity.

It is best to turn the pump off and let the CO2 come out over time. Then in a couple of days latter, reapply more vacuum to it and continue the process till there is no more CO2 left or do a transfer to remove any access CO2.

I will hopefully by this weekend will show the Allinonewinepump and a hand held vacuum pump using this process using a video.

Latest posts

Back