I highly recommend that you get one!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkinman

Reaction score
I've been looking at the "More Wine" catalog sitting on my desk for over a weeks now, I never opened it, thinking that it would just be another one of those useless catalogs with over priced goods...

I started to look through it this morning and was very surprised, not only do they offer some of the nicest equipment for those who make much more volume than I do, their descriptions are incredible, if you have doubts on what a particular item is used for, you won't anymore after reading through this catalog,

The Kit wine section goes into detail about every kit they sell, these are the best descriptions that I've seen from most any vendor, I cant see how anyone could have questions about a particular kit after reading through this.

The sections that I found most useful are the Wine Yeast, Enzymes, and additives such as Sulfites, Acids Encapsulated Yeasts, Tannins & Malolactic Bacteria and MLB nutrients.

These are all topics that come up a lot on the forum, this catalog goes into great detail describing the yeasts, yes, you can research this online, but having it all in one place to reference is a great tool in my personal opinion.

Another real nice section is the Oak barrel Alternatives, once again, they go into detail explaining the pros and cons of oak chips, cubes, staves.
This is followed by the Oak barrel section, once again, great detail explaining the differences between French, American and Hungarian Barrels, and the various levels of toast, and how the various barrel sizes will effect the time you keep your wine in the barrels.

This catalog is more a reference tool to have at my finger tips, if you don't get one, I would contact them and request one.

Great catalog to keep in the bathroom for reading material! :)

The free More Manuals and Guides are awesome as well. I always refer back to them each Fall at crush. The More Guide to Oak is indeed very informative.

One came in the mail the other day. I have it here with me at work and I am VERY AFRAID to open it.

RR

MoreWine is great. Very informative site and catalog. Their prices are good and their service excellent. And when you call them, you get to talk to someone that knows what they are talking about.

I've been very impressed with the turn around time, I usually get my order delivered within a few days at the most.

I've been very impressed with the turn around time, I usually get my order delivered within a few days at the most.

I just read where they've opened an East Coast distribution center. Apparently, shipping times will get even faster.

I just placed an order last week and each time I placed an item in the cart it listed if it was in stock in CA and or PA I believe.

I just placed an order last week and each time I placed an item in the cart it listed if it was in stock in CA and or PA I believe.

Their new eastern distribution center is in Pittsburgh PA. No retail sales counter there just a distribution center.

Latest posts

Back