Newish to wine.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejabber

Junior
Reaction score
Hello there, I'm just your unaverage guy from Michigan looking into wines more throughly for business and pleasure.

A little about me. I'm currently a college student graduating in the fall with an associates in culinary arts and I have celiacs disease. I don't come from a big family of drinkers so I've really had to find what I like on my own.

I know I prefer white wines over reds mostly because the reds lose the little sweetness they had after I eat something also some of them have this weird tomatoish smell, though the whites seem more salty after I eat something.I love mead, and drink it whenever I get the chance.

I also really enjoy whiskey and brandy. Mostly irish whiskey (redbreast) and for brandy I like the Remy Martin brand.

After I get my culinary arts degree I plan to get a bachelors in food science from a separate university and possibly do some graduate work after.

What I'd really like to do is open my own business making and selling Dandelion products including jams, wines, brandies, vinegars, and coffee. The few times I've had dandelion wine (made by acquaintances) it was quite good and I think if I can find an actual market for it could do quite well. Though as far as I can tell there's only one company that produces it and that's in one of the Dakota's. I'm not sure why that is though I'd like to find out.

I guess I'm here to learn and learn and learn.

Welcome to the forum. Several people on here make dandelion wine; maybe they can be of help to you.

Good luck on your educational endeavors.

welcome aboard jabber.....yes, finally another michigan person....lol...still have a long way to go to catch up to the pa'ers and such....whereabouts in michigan???..

Washtenaw county. We have one of the best regions for wine here, I wonder why there's so few people from michigan on here.
i don't know.....there are a few of us scattered about, but it seems like penn. especially, have a huge contingent here....haven't had a chance to go to the western wine country yet, but i do love going up to traverse city and visiting all the wineries there....if you've never gone, you gotta do yourself a favor...

i don't know.....there are a few of us scattered about, but it seems like penn. especially, have a huge contingent here....haven't had a chance to go to the western wine country yet, but i do love going up to traverse city and visiting all the wineries there....if you've never gone, you gotta do yourself a favor...

I'm thinking of doing that in July or August after I get out for the summer.

I'm thinking of doing that in July or August after I get out for the summer.

well it's just a shame you'll probably be back in class in october, because i tell ya what, that is probably the most amazing time to go there....during the peak of fall color, just about the time when they are still harvesting...it is awesome up there...trust me, once you go there once, you will be hooked: spring, summer, fall...it won't matter....lol...

Back