Newbie again

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerb

Junior
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi and glad I found this forum. I live in northeast TN and used to make wine years ago but since my son came along I had to give it up. Here lately I have been feeling the itch again and reading all of the posts on here has really got me anxious to get started after I get my equipment again. I am really impressed with how everyone on here interacts and is so helpful. Since I am starting over again does anyone have any good books they would recommend?

Roger welcome aboard. I do not have a book to recommend but I know there are a few great ones and someone will chime in soon. I learned everything I know right from this forum over the years.

Thanks guys. Been looking around the forums and can't believe how much has changed with making wines since the last time I made wine.

Just wanted to say hi and glad I found this forum. I live in northeast TN and used to make wine years ago but since my son came along I had to give it up. Here lately I have been feeling the itch again and reading all of the posts on here has really got me anxious to get started after I get my equipment again. I am really impressed with how everyone on here interacts and is so helpful. Since I am starting over again does anyone have any good books they would recommend?

"Home Winemaking Step by Step. A Guide to Fermenting Wine Grapes." by Jon Iverson

I am new to making wine. This is the book I have and I have found it to be very useful in making some very slight adjustments to wine kits that I have purchased and providing explanations re: the overall process. For me, it has been most useful on the yeasts, fining agents, process/stages/timing. It is both general and specific. A thorough book.

Welcome to a great forum. Lots of good folks here

Back