Mosti Mondiale SG question & fermentation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

block-carver

Junior
Reaction score
I started the MM Riserva - Gamay and have completed the primary fermetation. Last night was six days and I checked the SG it was at .994. When I started it in the primary it was at 1.09. I noticed that the air lock was bubbling fast during the week, but did not think anything about it until now.

My question is how to proceed since I am already at the SG point when to clarify? Should I just continue as the directions indicate?

Thanks!!

I would wait until you have verified that the SG is stable by checking it a few days in a row as some fermentations will go as low as .990 or even a little bit lower

Thanks Wade!

I racked to the secondary last night adding the oak chips. I thought I would just follow the directions for now and possibly bulk age this batch.

Thanks again!

OK, it's day 10, four days into the secondary and the SG is at .992. As noted above the SG was at .994 going into the secondary.

Question - Do I leave as is, or leave andadd K-Meta, or transfer and add K-Meta? What about the oak chips, it has only been over them for four days?

Thanks for the input!!

I would leave it alone till day 20 to let the oak do its thing then rack off sediment and add everything like instructions say.

Thanks again Wade!!
That has been my plan, but I did not know if it needed SO2 at this point since it has stopped bubbling.

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back