greetings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lnmnmarty

Junior
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post. I already brew my own beer and discovered that it is relatively easy and inexpensive to make good beer. What is wine like to make? I lived in Sonoma County for a few years so am not completely ignorant to wine drinking,just wine making. Basically what are the costs and time etc. involved in making wine. All advice appreciated. Thanks

Hello, this is my first post. I already brew my own beer and discovered that it is relatively easy and inexpensive to make good beer. What is wine like to make? I lived in Sonoma County for a few years so am not completely ignorant to wine drinking,just wine making. Basically what are the costs and time etc. involved in making wine. All advice appreciated. Thanks

Hello and welcome. Wine making is very easy. I have never made beer but from studying up on it, I would say wine making is much easier. The costs involved are what you make them to be. You can make a good wine with out all of the equipment many have. They are just time savers or simplification of some processes.

You can buy high end kits or economy kits. You pretty well get what you pay for. The economy whites like the Wine Expert Vintners reserve kits make good wine fast. The red VR kits make a decent but not extraordinary wine that can be on the thin side at times. The higher end kits like the Wine Expert Selection or Estate series make very good wines. The Crushendo's are exceptional. These have a grape pack in them for added solids and body.

To make a good wine, time and patients are required. Do not be fooled by the advertisements that say you can have wine to drink in 2 months or so. You can but it is not all that tasty as it will be after a couple years in the bottle.

Smurfe

Back