• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Half Barrel - Stainless Keg Carboy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSNJOHN

Cork Remover
Reaction score
I purchased a personal winery recently and in the inventory were stainless beer kegs with the tap stem removed. Have bung with bubbler for each. This would hold 15.5 gallons or a little over 58 liters. All clean and ready for use as a "little larger" secondary. Will not ship. Located northeast of Houston, TX. May meet a serious buyer half way distance within reason. $40 / EA

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

ACK! I was just in Houston last week and could have me over and drank your wine. Maybe next time I'm close to Humble

Are these too high of price or don't have any interest/value to the wine maker?

I realize they may be a little heavy when full, but nothing compared to an oak barrel.

Thanks for the feedback in advance,

SSNJOHN

I purchased a personal winery recently and in the inventory were stainless beer kegs with the tap stem removed. Have bung with bubbler for each. This would hold 15.5 gallons or a little over 58 liters. All clean and ready for use as a "little larger" secondary. Will not ship. Located northeast of Houston, TX. May meet a serious buyer half way distance within reason. $40 / EA

Your price is very reasonable or too cheap. Many wineries use these for that little bit of extra wine left. These are the same as have a fixed capacity tank which would cost you hundreds of dollars. I use them in my basement. One heck of a lot better and safer than a demi-jon.

16 Gallon Stainless Primary

Thanks for the feedback and responses. May have to try Craigslist, but I am in or close to East Texas. May have to meet them somewhere.

If there are any local WineMaking Talk members interested, would do 3 for $100.

SSNJOHN

I'm an hour south of Houston but I'll arrange for a friend to pick them up that lives near you

Hey John, I'll get back with you after this cane. Were under mandatory evacuation and it suppose to flood where I'm at in Sweeny, hope not. Just lettin you know

Hey John, I'll get back with you after this cane. Were under mandatory evacuation and it suppose to flood where I'm at in Sweeny, hope not. Just lettin you know
No problem. May need them to build a raft.

Looks like you might get some wind after it recharges. Stay safe.

Tired of emptying the rain gauge.

Latest posts

Back