Mosti Mondiale MM Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DryFly

Junior
Reaction score
I am looking at doing one of the MM All Juice Master's Editions kits (Old Vine Merlot with Grape Pack) for my next kit. Does anyone know how these kits compare to the CC Showcase, WE Eclipse, or Meglioli kits? Thanks in Advance

DryFly, I have made all four of these brands in various wine varieties at one time or another. I am not a fan of MM products, particularly their reds and the All Juice Master's Kit I made was not Merlot. Based on my experience, if I were to rank these for brands, it would be:

1. Showcase (either Cellar Craft or KenRidge)
2. Meglioli & Eclipse (a tie)
10. MM All Juice Master's Edition

Interesting. I figured the juice would perform better than the concentrate.

Interesting. I figured the juice would perform better than the concentrate.

I thought the same thing. I found the wine very thin for such a large kit. I was also underwhelmed by their Renaissance Impressions offering. I make a lot of kits and wine from juice buckets. The BEST wine I have ever made from a kit was a KenRidge blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Sangiovese. They offered it as one of those "limited editions" one year and it was superb.

If you are not aware, KenRidge and Cellar Craft are owned by the same company.

I thought the same thing. I found the wine very thin for such a large kit. I was also underwhelmed by their Renaissance Impressions offering. I make a lot of kits and wine from juice buckets. The BEST wine I have ever made from a kit was a KenRidge blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Sangiovese. They offered it as one of those "limited editions" one year and it was superb.

If you are not aware, KenRidge and Cellar Craft are owned by the same company.

I have had the same experience, Rocky. I much prefer a tweaked Vinifera Noble to anything in the Renaissance line. I also made the Sangiovese/Cab from Kenridge and I just found my last bottle. I will be pouring that on Christmas day with our prime rib. Really looking forward to that.

I've only made one MM all juice kit (believe it was a Pinot Noir), was very disappointed with the results and never made 2nd MM kit. Been very happy with the RJS and WE kits that I've made - both in the high and low end of the brand.

Not to buck the trend just for the sake of bucking it, I have to say that I'm a fan of the Mosti kits, and lots of others too.

Regardless of the manufacturer, I tend towards the high end stuff with grape packs. I've done a couple of Ren's in my earlier wines, and a lot of the All Juice, All Juiced Masters Editions, and Meglioli's. They take a while to come along, but hey, I rarely drink any store bought red wine that's not 2 years old. The All Juice Pinot Gris is one of the best whites I've ever made.

I've got some old vine cabs, zinfandel, amarone (amoroso) wines bulk aging and I like them very much to date, all under one year old. Got several of the preorder meglioli's on the slate for early 2016.

The Mosti grape packs are available for sale individually, I add them to a lot of my wines from other manufacturers when they don't come with them. 25 bucks for an 8.8lb grape pack is a welcome addition to my winemaking practice.

I'm by no means a one manufacturer man, I've made wines from them all, 29 kits total in 2015, and I plan to keep making wine from them all until something comes along to blow my doors off.

I absolutely respect and appreciate the experiences and opinions of others, I'm just offering up mine.

I like to see the manufacturers compete for the high end wine kit market, it means better and better raw materials for us all.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!!!

I have made two Mosti kits.

The all-juice one turned out well untweaked, but mine did not have a grape pack. Note that the typical issue folks have with the all-juice kits is that they are actually concentrated like any other kit, so it's not like you are getting a 100% juice fresh or frozen juice bucket despite the fact that they come in a bucket; that's misleading and that's why many folks don't care for them. You'll still (likely) have some kit taste from that concentration/rehydration process.

The Meglioli Masters Amarone had a huge grape pack and a raisin pack, as well as lots of oak, and that one I haven't tasted yet but would expect it to be very good. Those are high-end kits.

I think a MM kit with a grape pack will turn out as well as any other kit with a grape pack.

John and Heather, I am happy that your experiences have been more positive than mine. Good for both of you!

As I said, I have made some very nice white wines from the MM line. My primary disappointment is in their reds. That has not been the case with their Meglioli which I found very good although (to me) still not the equal of the Showcase lines of Cellar Craft and KenRidge, even though it is much more expensive. My personal opinion is that their "All Juice" buckets are merely one of their lower lines with the water added and that their "All Juice Masters" kit is just one of their lower lines with a grape pace and the water added. Their "Meglioli" is a stand up kit of concentrate plus a grape pack. I felt, in essence, I was spending a lot of money on a lower line product and paying to ship the water with it.

John and Heather, I am happy that your experiences have been more positive than mine. Good for both of you!

My personal opinion is that their "All Juice" buckets are merely one of their lower lines with the water added and that their "All Juice Masters" kit is just one of their lower lines with a grape pace and the water added. Their "Meglioli" is a stand up kit of concentrate plus a grape pack. I felt, in essence, I was spending a lot of money on a lower line product and paying to ship the water with it.

Rocky:
After reading your post, and thinking how I'd feel kinda ticked if I were merely paying to ship water added to concentrate, when I thought I was paying for real juice, I decided to call Mosti Mondiale to inquire about their 23L kits.

The gentleman I spoke with in the products department listened and understood my question, his response was as follows:

"Our 23 L kits are not made from concentrate, they are pure grape juice. They've never been concentrated and had water added back. That is not true of our kits which have water added by the consumer. Other than the adjustments made as needed to brix and acidity, we only make one more addition, and only on the red kits. That addition is no more than 5% grape juice concentrate, and is only used for coloring, because the juice from red grapes is pink, and unless you cold macerate or ferment the grape skins with the juice to extract color, the color on the reds is off."

We, being educated consumers, know that we really have no way to verify the validity of that answer, but that's what the response was. I certainly can't prove or disprove it, but I feel better having asked the question.

I have made the all juice Soave and was very pleased with it. I'm planning on doing another one soon.

I have made about 15 of the Meglioli kits over the last 3 years. I too, was turned off by the company based on their cheaper kits. The ones I tried were not worth the time, considering other companies provided much better kits in the same price range that tasted much better. The OG Cellar Craft line was phenomenal for the price, and the RJS Winery Series has never let me down.

That being said the Meglioli line is in a class by itself. The only negatives I have read have been from poor clarification, which was due to the clarifier, and later resolved by Mosti because they found it was due to cold temperatures. I live in DFW, and perhaps never had a kit get cold enough to affect the clarifier?

However, you don't need a clarifier if you properly bulk age your wine. It will settle on it's own over about a year. You can then bottle it, don't filter please, and then wait another 6-9 months to take your first crack at a bottle.

These kits are intense and need time like any good wine. If you have ever made wine from grapes (reds in this case), you know it isn't drinkable for several years. These kits are no different. Trust me, they are worth the money if treated correctly and given time. I bought 9 more last year, for my 2016 year production...

@Johnd and @john598919 - very interested in your current impressions of the MM kits. I recently started an All Juice Masters Cabernet kit. I recently bottled a barrel aged Meglioli (started 6/13/2018) Chilean Malbec that tasted pretty darn good going into the bottle. I'm not planning on pulling any Malbec corks for a couple of years.

These kits take so long to mature and they are more expensive. Are you still thinking they are worth it?

@Johnd and @john598919 - very interested in your current impressions of the MM kits. I recently started an All Juice Masters Cabernet kit. I recently bottled a barrel aged Meglioli (started 6/13/2018) Chilean Malbec that tasted pretty darn good going into the bottle. I'm not planning on pulling any Malbec corks for a couple of years.

These kits take so long to mature and they are more expensive. Are you still thinking they are worth it?

I think the Meglioli’s are worth the cost. All mine were barrel and bottle aged a couple years, and still are very good. Mixed results with the All Juice and Renaissance kits, the AJ Masters were very good.

I think the Meglioli’s are worth the cost. All mine were barrel and bottle aged a couple years, and still are very good. Mixed results with the All Juice and Renaissance kits, the AJ Masters were very good.
I'm glad to hear that since I just ordered a bunch of Meglioli kits. It's really going to test my patience over the next several years, however. It's a good thing Total Wine isn't too far away...

Last edited:
Just wondering if anybody has any views on the all juice old vine zifandel,thinking of giving it a go

Latest posts

Back