Other Chateau Classico kit - anyone do one?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No response? What's with this forum?

Come on - has anybody ever done a kit by Chateau Classico? It's a yes or no answer, but comments are suggested. Please try again.

Come on - has anybody ever done a kit by Chateau Classico? It's a yes or no answer, but comments are suggested. Please try again.
Never seen a Chateau Classico kit. Based on the Amazon ad (you could have provided a link to make it easier for us), it's probably from Advintage or Paklab. However, the brand is not listed at either company's web site. Not a brand that I'm likely to make.

Steve

No, but I have done a Vino Italiano Chardonnay kit which I believe is a lower line of the same manufacturer (Paklab). The kit was nice as it came with labels, capsules and corks but the quality of the finished wine is yet to be determined. I have not been impressed with early samples however.

Thank you for your replies. It sounds like it's an inferior product and not one to waste time on. Thanks again for your repsonse.

I just bottled my CAB. It's not all too bad. I have had better and worse. It is a decent mid grade wine. If you like a dry wine, they sell a Barbaresco. Still have to let it sit. Bottled in Feb. Reserve du Chataeu from the same line. It was a 23L kit. All enclusive, I used better corks for longer storage, and sweetened one case.

Thanks for feedback

I just bottled my CAB. It's not all too bad. I have had better and worse. It is a decent mid grade wine. If you like a dry wine, they sell a Barbaresco. Still have to let it sit. Bottled in Feb. Reserve du Chataeu from the same line. It was a 23L kit. All enclusive, I used better corks for longer storage, and sweetened one case.

I saw it on Amazon with free shipping. It's advertised as 40 lbs, which is a little different. I think the 23L kit is all wine and you don't add water. Now maybe they added water to the kit and then it looks like it's all juice. It's a decent price. I might try one.

I am about to start one of these kits...the Chateau Classico California White Zin. It was purchased for me as a gift and I have not received it yet, but it is supposed to arrive this week. The information indicates it is a 16 liter kit, so I am hoping that will help it to be a better quality kit. We will see. Anyone else finish one up yet? RCGoodin, did you ever try one?

I've done the sauvignon Blanc. Still in the carboy but initial tasting has gone well. For $50 I'm happy with it. I just received two more today, Italian bianco and Australian chardonnay. I have not tried any of the red wine kits from this brand.

I am about to start one of these kits...the Chateau Classico California White Zin. It was purchased for me as a gift and I have not received it yet, but it is supposed to arrive this week. The information indicates it is a 16 liter kit, so I am hoping that will help it to be a better quality kit. We will see. Anyone else finish one up yet? RCGoodin, did you ever try one?

I've made the Barbaresco, Malbac, and the Cab. I think they are ok but not great. I have tasters that love the Malbac. I think when I was finishing the Cab and Barbaresco I needed to top it off with more than a gallon of water. I didn't trust that so I changed to a 5 gallon carboy instead of the 6. My wife thinks both batches are too thick and they taste a little syrupy. I said, "Don't drink it then".

I think, as a vinter, we can experiment with the kits all we want. I would try them all again, and the price is right. Amazon has started charging tax, however the shipping, with Prime, is still free.

Today, I buy the wines in the 5 gallon container instead of the box. The box type I buy are the Ice Wine and the Port.

I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back