RJ Spagnols RJS Winery Series Rosso Grande

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? I will sacrifice $70 to try this as my local shop is getting this for me. It comes with 2.5 KG of grape skins to ferment on along with 15 liters of juice. I did a Valpolicella and its bulk aging but so far its real nice and not to far from a commercial Amarone that Im drinking at the moment. Its listed as oak- 4 and body-5 so its right up mt alley.

That is a very new kit in the line up. It just came out this fall. This is the Cellar Classic Winery Series, and it's a little different from your Valpolicella in that the skins in these kits are not dry, but rather, they are just like the Cellar Craft and Crushendo JAM bags, except RJS uses a jar for these skins. It's the only one in that series that I have not done yet. They upgraded these kits this fall to include 16L of juice, and 2L of skins to make it a full on 18L kit.

Edit: Oh yeah, give these kits a good long extended bulk aging cycle, as the drop sediment and wine diamonds for a good long while. Even after filtering, some of my bottles still get a small amount of sediment. Also finishing SGs of these wines seems on the high side at 1.002, but there is a lot of residual solids in the wine that keep that value there. The wine actually IS bone dry.Edited by: Dean

Latest posts

Back