Filtering before bottling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyfire322

Reaction score
Bottling is in two weeks (yippy!) and I was going to filter into a carboy just to make sure there isn't leftover sediment from oak, etc. I really can't afford the All-in-one right now, but I ran across this on Amazon.

Was curious if anyone has used something similar, or if you just put a coffee filter on the carboy you're racking into?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottling is in two weeks (yippy!) and I was going to filter into a carboy just to make sure there isn't leftover sediment from oak, etc. I really can't afford the All-in-one right now, but I ran across this on Amazon.

Was curious if anyone has used something similar, or if you just put a coffee filter on the carboy you're racking into?

Dont spend your money !!!

As long as it is clear - transfer a day or 3 before bottling and U should be fine .

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Steve. Get the carboy into position now, then rack after it has sat for a week or two.

I dont filter any of my reds and i own a buno vino filter pump, i find it strips color and flavor, we did half a batch of cab sauv to test, ran half the batch through AF2 filter and left the other half unfiltered and we both agreed the unfiltered red was nicer.
Just leave in the carboy until no more sediment drops, rerack every 3 months.

I do however filter all my fruit wines and most my white wines with an AF2 filter.

Like Smok1 I never filter my "good"reds. I will filter lower end kit reds that I plan on drinking within a few months, and all my whites. The premium Reds get bulk aged until no more drops out.

Latest posts

Back