Nosfaratu’s Return

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxRedhead

Junior
Reaction score
This recipe is one I found online and was immediately intrigued by the name. So it just had to be my second batch of beer. It was my first batch using specialty grains so I am very anxious to see how it turns out. Racked it yesterday and of course snuck a little taste. WOW! I think we may have a winner here. Giving serious thought to entering it in this year's Dixie Cup competition.

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="85%" align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="85%">Nosfaratu's Return</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2>by Mark diSimone</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2>5 gallons, extract/specialty grains

"This beer is silky smooth and has a great chocolate character. Its 10 percent alcohol is totally hidden. It is ranked number one in our store's 18-year history."

Ingredients:

6.6 lbs. gold unhopped malt extract
2 lbs. orange blossom honey
1 lb. chocolate malt
1 lb. pale chocolate malt
1 lb. Vienna malt
0.5 lb. cara-pils malt
0.5 lb. crystal malt, 56° Lovibond
1 lb. Munich malt
2 oz. Perle hops (8% alpha acid), for 20 min.
1 oz. crystal hops (3.2% alpha acid), for finishing
Wyeast 1742 (Swedish ale)

Step by Step:

Steep grains in 2 gals. of 170° F water for 30 minutes. Remove grains. Add malt and honey to the grain water. Bring to a boil. Add Perle hops and boil for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 oz. crystal hops. Add to fermenter. Add water to 5 gals. When temperature is below 80° F, pitch yeast. Ferment for seven to 10 days. Place in secondary for seven to 10 days. Prime with corn sugar. Bottle at 1.014. Let age three to four weeks. </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Sounds awesome and lots of alcohol with all that grain,malt and honey....I will have to try this one.
smiley32.gif

What wasthe startingSpecific Gravity?

Latest posts

Back