Boones Farm?!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

Junior
Reaction score
Is this possibly the worst wine out there? Would Thunderbird take that prize? Or how about the Mad Dog 20/20?

What is the worst wine you have ever tasted?

Reverend

Thunderbird.......:eek: It used to be on sale in the UK in the 1980's. Two versions IIRC - a blue label (about 13%ABV) and a red label (17% ABV).

Proper Tramp Juice. Urgh!:(

Scotland's youth has a thing for 'Buckfast' (AKA Bucky) - A high ABV 'Tonic' Wine brewed by an abbey in England. Equally nasty as Thunderbird!!!!:)

You have to remember though, those that drink these wine normally are not drinking them to enjoy a glass of wine. They are looking to get drunk! I actually think Mad Dog don't taste all that bad. I have drank other wines that sell for much more that were actually worse tasting in my opinion. Boone's Farm is basically flavored apple juice. Very low alcohol content to me. I have never had Thunderbird but see it in the stores. Maybe I ought to try some sometime. What's $2.99 for experimentation.

Smurfe

I have never had Thunderbird but see it in the stores. Maybe I ought to try some sometime. What's $2.99 for experimentation.
It's really a 'fortified' wine smurfe - along the lines of Vermouth (but rougher). I'd say save your $3 and put it towards something you'd want to enjoy! :D

Latest posts

Back