Hello from Nebr

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wig58

Reaction score
Getting ready to retire and trying some new hobbies,, hopefully with everyones help here will be able to learn one,,

Welcome! Toughest part of this hobby is the waiting. Start something quickly, and then learn more and make more.

Welcome to the forum!

Wine making makes a very enjoyable and very rewarding retirement hobby.

Welcome. I can only imagine that retirement will be a great time. I am from Wyoming, and now live in Texas. My English Setter is from Lexington, NE, from next door to Mac's Creek Winery. Nice wines.

Enjoy your new hobby. The benefits are great.
Tom

Start with the Dragons Blood recipe. It's awesome, can be tweaked to your taste and is quick to bottle. This will give you something to drink while you're making and aging other wines. I started making 3 gallon batches and split them 3 ways so I could experiment with each and see what I like better.

Welcome.
Read lots of posts.
Find the common ground in all recipes.
Write things down.. every time you touch your batch. With dates.
Clean clean clean.
And as said so many times. Nothing happens quickly.
This is the hobby for obsessive compulsive procrastinators

Check Craigslist regularly and the bulletin boards at the local home brew shops. People jump in and out of this hobby all the time. You can find some great deals on equipment for pennies on the dollar vs retail.

I'm actually giving thought to retirement. One of my ideas is to perhaps go to work part time for a local vineyard/winery...not so much for money (be nice though) but for the experience and education. Then again, I may just fish a heckva lot more!

Latest posts

Back