Another Hoosier!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat_man

Junior
Reaction score
Greetings from Southwestern Indiana! I've been lurking on this forum for a few months now, and decided it was time to introduce myself.

I've been growing grapes for a few years now. I had every intention of starting a winery one day, but life got in the way. Recently, I realized that what I truly loved, besides drinking wine, was growing grapes. The recent addition of two new wineries within minutes of my family's farm (where I grow my grapes) provides me with a ready-made market. After consulting with my wife and parents, I have decided to "go for it", and expand my little vinyard to three acres over the next several years.

Currently, I have 180 Traminette vines growing (only 40 producing this year) as well as a couple of Catabawa and Niagra vines in my backyard. I have made a little wine (didn't turn out too well, but I did figure out why!), and have drank more bottles than I can count. I'm an avid gardener, as well...it seems I'm ALWAYS playing in the dirt!

Ok, just wanted to say Hello, and let everyone know how much I have enjoyed reading the posts here. I hope I can contribute something useful in the near future...cheers!

Pat

Welcome to the forum and good luck on expanding you vineyard.

Thanks for coming out of the shadows. You can start a thread under the vineyard section and ask questions there and sort of document your progress. Welcome.!

pat man,

Sounds like you have a nice vineyard. Good luck with it! Yeah, I hear ya on the "life got in the way."

Hi All,

Newbie here. I am Sallie Flores, I like reading and playing basketball and in my leisure time I would like to play basketball with my family.

Latest posts

Back