Hello to all

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winefarmer1

Junior
Reaction score
After spending about six hours reviewing this forum, I joined to tell you all that many of the questions I had were answered in the time spent. Thanks to all.

Winemaking is a new hobby that started about three months ago with an Orchard Breezincranberry chianti kit, and has continued with plum, mayhaw, peach, blueberry, and mango now in secondaries and cooking or bulk aging in glass.

I am a retired science teacher and coach, now actively pursuing putting in fruit orchards. Twelve hundred southern highbush two year olds are growing in the front pasture, one hundred fifty mayhaws in the back, and about seven more acres are undergoing preparation with irrigation for the peaches, plums, pomegranite, sugar pears, nectarines to follow. If all goes well the pine trees on the rest of the property will be scooted out and more fruit planted. Is there a recipe for pine wine? With all the fruit to come I figured a little wine might use up a little.

Althoughthe wife thinking I have gone mad, the neighbors wondering what is happening, and all the new challenges such as how to get the wine to turn out life goew well.

Glad to be aboard and get ready for questions.

Welcome winefarmer, glad you have found some of our resources useful and joined us. Sounds like you will have quite the amount of fruit available to you son but looks like you have begun this journey well already with all you have going!

Pssst, Ehtel have you checked out that crazy neighbor yet? Judith told me that Maybel told her that Sue told her that he is growing all this stuff to turn into some great tasting wine. Can you believe it? We gotta make friends with him and we will all be set for life with wine!

Welcome! and Where ya from?

I am an Arkansas born, west Texas raised, transplanted Georgianresiding on a farm in Richland, on the western border ofsouth central Georgia.

Welcome aboard Winefarmer....... You will get answers to almost all your questions here (at least the wine related ones)

Winefarmer WELCOME !

Looking to hear more from you when you make the next few batches.

Welcome Winefarmer how far are you from Roanoak AL. wellcome to the forum great bunch here.AL

Welcome Winefarmer! Glad you decided to join us. If you find a recipe for wine from pine let us know (I don't have that recipe but I've got an abundance of pines too! Not sure I can imagine a good pine wine taste though
smiley26.gif
smiley2.gif
)

Welcome WineFarmer. I made the mistake of making several kits for the first 2 years withoutreading this forum. What a mistake. I made quite a few mistakes that whould have been avoided by reading this forum. I like you have learned so much in a short amount of time. These guys & gals are great.

Where in West Texas were you raised? I was born and raised in Floydada and attended Tech.

Welcome winefarmer! That's the best type of farmer to be!
smiley32.gif
The only thing that I can think of from all those pine trees is when people say that gin smells like pine needles in a bottle, but I don't think bottling the needles will give you gin.

NEBama, I think you are about 150 miles or so from me. I am about 25 miles south of Columbus-Phenix City. I traveled up your way last July to a lake fora football coaches meeting for Chattahoochee County high school in Cusseta, Ga. For about a year I thought I was going to come out of retirement, but the August sun convinced me otherwise. Fun for a while though.

RicKC, I grew up in Seminole, Tx. and went to Texas at Austin. I am still an avid Longhorn, but please don't hold it against me. I almost was a Red Raider, and my dad received his master's there. While in Seminole I played basketball and played against Floydata in regionals my senior year.

Welcome aboard! It is interesting that you are a retired science teacher. When I got started making wine, I invited my 8 year old grandson to come in and look at the winery. He did, and after looking carefully at all the bottles and buckets and other essential equipment, he said, "I bet my science teacher could do this!"

Enjoy the forum!
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back