National Learn To Brew Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCharles

Reaction score
I had a great time at the National Learn to Brew event held in Hickory, NC.

Here are a few pictures that I took. The first pic is of one of the beer makers with his equipment cart. I was surprised to see how the grains are heated in coolers (called mash tun). The second photo is of a beer maker stiring his wort in his mash tun.

The guys really enjoyed a taste of my jalapeno mint (Fire and Ice) wine.

Nov 5-2011-19-1-2.jpg

Nov 5-2011-28-1-2.jpg

Great pics. I dont recall this being a big thing any other years but notice all the brew shops are doing this this year! Thats great because its really easy but all grain is a pretty long day but fun and some really really good beer can be made even by first timers!!!!

I agree

Great pics. I dont recall this being a big thing any other years but notice all the brew shops are doing this this year! Thats great because its really easy but all grain is a pretty long day but fun and some really really good beer can be made even by first timers!!!!

Yes Wade, it did make for a long day. The crews began to get ready about 9AM and didn't finish up until 3 or later in the afternoon. The one crew that brewed 20 gallons dook a bit longer.

I agree, a new brewer could make a good bottle of beer if they followed good directions. These guys have been making beer for up to 9 years. I couldn't have asked for better instructors. I belive this was there first Learn to Brew event. The guys seemed to enjoy getting together for a group brew and met there other goals of promoting the hobby.

Paul

Latest posts

Back