Hi Everyone!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfoss

Junior
Reaction score
My name is Shelly and i am a complete newbie. I don't even know what type of wine is what. So i am looking forward to learning alot from everyone. My boss is a home wine maker and has won awards for his wine. He has been generous enough to offer his basement wine making room and his equipment along with his expertise to get me started making a kit. I am looking forward to meeting some of you, be patient with me, I am a slow learner! By the way, i am from Western Iowa. Not far from Timber Ridge winery.

Last edited:
Shelly welcome abaord. Sounds like you've got a good mentor and deal with equipment. Feel free to ask questions and we'll help walk you through any step.

Welcome and have fun learning your new hobby. It is not as hard as you might think. The wine making process also is pretty forgiving.

Hi Shelly! Welcome to the forum. We were all beginners at some point in time.

Welcome aboard Shelly. It starts with knowing (in my case) the difference between White and red and really takes off from there! This hobby has introduced a whole new way of thinking when it comes to wine :dg

Welcome Shelly, we are very gentle on everyone here with the exception of a few of us teading one another in good humor! LOL

Yes i agree!

Shelly welcome abaord. Sounds like you've got a good mentor and deal with equipment. Feel free to ask questions and we'll help walk you through any step.

My boss was a teacher before he became a banker so I think i couldn't have found a better situation! Tonight we are going to start the kit. It is from ECKraus.com and it is called Niagra mist: Bluepom White Merlot. I thought it was especially nice that he suggested I use his equipment and his wine room to try my first attempt because, what if I decide I don't like the process or don't enjoy it? Then I won't have much invested. So I am looking forward to it!

Thank you everyone for such a nice welcome!

Latest posts

Back