Ready to get started in North Carolina

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First off let me just say that im really excited about finding other people that share the same interest as myself in winemaking. I have been reading this site for a few weeks now and have seen that there is no shortage of knowledge here. Looking forward to making some good wine and good freinds.

Welcome to the forum.

Have you made any wine, yet? What are you planing on making?

I have made what I thought was wine, but after reading this forum and tasting some of the other home made wines here at my local brew shop I discovered that I wad WAY off base. I am planning on starting a batch soon, i've just recently collected all the equipment that I needed. I want to make some Strawberry or Muscidine.

Hi mr_mustafabeast

Welcome to winemakingtalk

I am not entirely sure what you mean by "fruits". I bought a kit that had a juice concentrate in it. Like I said I am really new to this. I found a store in Swansboro where I got everything. The owner was very nice and explained as much as he could without actually being able to make it for me. The store is called Bake, Bottle, Brew. I also learned there is another store in Jacksonville but I haven't been there yet. The kit I bought was from RJ Spagnols and it is Cruz Select Argentinean Viognier Riesling Chardonnay. One of my friends helped me start it on Monday and it was a like the Lucy and Ethel episodes without the grape stomping. Hopefully I have done everything correct. The instructions were not really all that clear. I did find out when making it that I need some additional items that, though are not necessary but would make it easier. So I guess I will have more shopping to do. Is there any supply stores up your way? Well I hope you have an enjoyable 4th of July.

There is, its called the Fermentation Station here in jacksonville. I went a bought about 20lbs of strawberries yesterday and started my first "correct" batch. I am going to be making most of my wines from my own recipe so I dont think I will be making it from a kit, although a kit would probly be easier. The guys here at this brew store really know there stuff, so if you have a question about something maybe they can help you out. Its always good to gather info from the locals.

Latest posts

Back