Muntons Continental Pilsner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy123

Reaction score
I've read a lot of opinions about this beer. Many say the yeast is an ale yeast because it is dry. But I have purchased dry lager yeasts before. Munton's wording is something like pilsner style beer. Once in for all I would like to learn definitively is this beer an ale or a lager. George and co. feel free to straighten me out.
smiley34.gif

I haven't dealt with any Muntons kits in 3-4 years now. A buddy made some of the 2-can kits like the Gold Series, but I don't recall what yeast came with those kits.

The standard Muntons yeast is an ale yeast. I don't see any mention on their web-site of lager yeast.

My conclusion...it's an ale yeast. But they are not the only company to make a beer kit that is said to taste like a lager but uses an ale yeast.

Steve

I agree its most likely an Ale yeast. It may come close to Lager taste though, never tried these as I prefer the Brewers Best orTrue Brew but I hear there is a new player which is supposed to be the best and thats called Brew Craft.

Thanks gents. This year I've been hearing some about California lagers that can be fermented at ale temps. So the line seems to be getting a little blurred.I joined a homebrew club to get a little better at brewing. The beers they are making for competitions are so extreme I cant enjoy them. One sip and you have coriander poisoning of the tongue for 20 minutes.

Latest posts

Back