Belated greetings from San Jose, CA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've already posted a couple questions and have gotten great responses before I bothered to introduce myself! How rude... :h

My name is Cody and I'm a southern California native recently transplanted to San Jose. I love where I'm living because I can drive to Napa (1.5 hours), Sonoma (1.5 hours) and the lesser-known Livermore Valley (30 minutes).

I just recently got into wine making (a little over a month ago) starting with the WinExpert Argentine Malbec kit. Everything is working out well so far, however I might have racked too much of the lees into the carboy during the second racking. I figure I can give it a few weeks with a wedge or couple of bungs under the carboy (thanks WadE!!) and go from there. Worst case scenario, I'll rack it a third time and leave the sediment and just top off with another Malbec...

I hope to chat with you all soon!

Cheers.

Cody

Hiya Cody,

Argentinian malbec is one of my favourite reds.

let me know how it comes out.. I seem to only be able to get cellar craft.. heron bay and winexpert kits here.. so any heads up on good finished ones is much appreciated by me.

Allie

Welcome Cody and glad you found us. Please ask any questions that you have and the only dumb question is 1 not asked.

Welcome aboard. Look forward to your posts. If you need anyting, just give a shout.

Back