Orange pineapple and apple

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannabarn

Reaction score
I started a new batch today, orange pineapple and apple Welch"s frozen concentrate. Trying 3 gallons. Hope it works!!!

Sounds good. Keep us updated on how its going.
smiley1.gif

Barney,

I made a Pineapple/apple a good while back and it was very good. One of the most interesting ones I've made is an apricot/rose. I would like to try that one again when the roses are in bloom.....the very fragrant ones.

Keep us posted.....Ramona

smiley22.gif
Well, after a couple of false starts the O P & A is on it's way (I hope)! I started out planning to make 1 gallon. Woops! No 1 gallon jug empty. OK! I'll make 3 gallons since I have a 3 gallon carboy empty. Changed my recipe from 1 gallon to 3 gallons and mixed everything up, added everything but yeast! I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I had added 1 gallon too much water. So I got up and converted the whole batch to 6 gallon since I had a 6 gallon carboy empty!! Now will add yeast tonight and hopefully I will be able to sleep!!!
smiley36.gif

Good Night, Barney!!!

Wine is supposed to make you have a restful sleep...not keep you up all night adding and multiplying.
smiley12.gif

Ramona

Mmmm, this sounded delish so I started my own batch!

I used:

4 gal Welch's Orange Pineapple Apple Juice (all the grocery store had)
4 11.5 oz cans frozen Welch's Orange Pineapple Apple concentrate
4 11.5 oz cans frozen Welch's White Grape concentrate
5 over ripe bananas
Water to make 6 gallons
4.5 lbs sugar to get a starting SG of 1.092
1/2 tsp K-Meta
2 tsp bentonite
Red Star Montrachet yeast

Mixed it all uplast nightexcept for yeast. Made up a yeast starter last night as well. Starter was bubbling nicely this morning 11 hours later so I pitched it in. Hopefully I'll come home to a gurgling airlock tonight!

smiley20.gif
The orange pineapple and apple is taking off after a slow start with the yeast so it looks like it's a go!!!

Mine wasn't doing anything last night, so I added nutrient and energizer and this morning it's happily bubbling along.
smiley20.gif

smiley32.gif
I opened a bottle of orange pineapple & apple that I started last February. It was one that took about 6 weeks to ferment dry. I bottled it the first part of April. What a surprise!! It is the best wine I have made so far. and it should improve with more age. I hope I can duplicate it!

I agree Barney! I bottled my "OPA" about a month ago, and at bottling, my girlfriend and I were extremely impressed with it! I sweetened this one ever so slightly. I believe it's final SG was right at about 1.001 after I sweetened it. Did you check your TA? If I remember correctly mine was relatively high, like 0.80%ish. I think the higher acidity really adds to the flavor of this wine. May have to crack open one of these soon!

I don't recall back sweetening this but I checked the SG of the bottle that I opened and it was exactly that! 1.001 so that is what I will shoot for the next time I make it! I didn't check the TA, In talking to a winemaking friend he suggested next time to use a little citro-carbonate to lower the acid and speed up the fermentation but at this point I don't think I would change a thing!! You call yours OPA! I called mine Orpia!

Not sure if I like it or not..but iffen you fellers was inclined to send me a bottle i would be sure to give you my honest evaluation and i wouldn't even charg ya nothing being you is forum buddies and all that

Fruit wines are not wines that want to ferment fast. The slower fermentation is better at keeping that fruit flavor.

Waldo said:
Not sure if I like it or not..but iffen you fellers was inclined to send me a bottle i would be sure to give you my honest evaluation and i wouldn't even charg ya nothing being you is forum buddies and all that

Ifn I node where I might cud connive the UPS man to fetch sum down to you. A mite bettern that moonshine Cletus and y'all been a drankin! Might even send a speshul wine for that young un you got hitched to!

hannabarn..dat dere ups man done fount me...ole cletus pointed him in thuh rite direktion and he kum rite on down thrugh thuh woodz and fount me...I wuz shore glad he did too when i ripped open dat box. Hell I thought it wuz a box of sum kinda kandy at ferst till I tried a chawin on one of dem dere white looking peanuty thinz. I spit that sukker out quik and jest flung thuh rest ov em kross thuh yard. My ole blue tick hound jest went to shivvering, he thought it had done blown in a snow storm.
I pulled dat dere first bottle out and I swear my eyez lit up like a hunk of coal being blowed by a bellows !!! Wooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

Ole man Homer wuz there a helping me get a sperimental batch of muskydine a going an he tolt me he had heered dat iffen ya got sum winez thru thuh mail or ups you wuz sposed to lay em down real gentel like and let em rest fer a kouple of dayz fore ya sipped on em so i rekkon thatz what im a gonna do.
Shore am kurious bout whut might be in taht dere bottle whut jest sayz "wine" though. Duz it need to rest a liddle longer maybe?

smiley36.gif
OK! Here's the story on the one labeled "WINE"! I probably can't make it again. I made a cranberry apple grape wine which I back sweetened a little too much for our taste. Not too bad but just a little over the top. I made a mock chianti which I didn't care for, altho my son liked it! So, I mixed the two together 1 bottle to 1 bottle. I didn't know what to call it so I called it "wine"! I like it, Betty likes it and everyone I have given it to likes it. Although the label says August 2008, The wine is about 6 months old. I sent that for the yung un you got hitched to!!

Latest posts

Back