Apple Pie Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly Bill

Reaction score
After hearing/reading numerous people requesting a recipe for Apple Pie Wine, I searched for and found one. Many of the recipes for Apple Pie Wine use grain alcohol and are not wines. This is a wine recipe. It will need to be modified somewhat (I'm pretty sure it wasn't written by an accomplished winemaker.) but that should not be a problem.

Making Apple Pie Wine

Things You'll Need:
12 ounce can of frozen apple juice concentrate, 100 percent juice
6 ounce can of frozen lemonade
1 pound of sugar
1 gallon of water
1/2 teaspoon pectic enzyme
1 packet of wine yeast
2 cinnamon sticks
4 whole allspice
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
Stainless steel pot
2 one-gallon glass jugs, cleaned and sanitized
Rubber band
Plastic wrap
Funnel
Chopstick or other long stick for stirring
4 foot length of clear plastic tubing from an aquarium shop

Step 1
Remove the frozen apple juice and frozen lemonade concentrates from the freezer and let them defrost.
Step 2
Place one quart of water in the stainless steel pot and bring it to a boil.
Step 3
Remove the pot of water from the stove and add the sugar, stirring so the sugar dissolves.
Step 4
Using the funnel, pour the warm water into one of the gallon jugs.
Step 5
Add the thawed apple juice and thawed lemonade to the jug, stirring with the chopstick.
Step 6
Stir in the pectic enzyme and the remaining three quarts of water.
Step 7
Cover the lid of the jug with the plastic wrap, securing it with the rubber band.
Step 8
Place the jug in a warm, dark space for 24 hours.
Step 9
Remove the plastic wrap and stir in a packet of wine yeast.
Step 10
Cover the lid of the jug with a new piece of plastic wrap, securing it with the rubber band.
Step 11
Place the jug in a warm, dark space for one month so the wine can begin to ferment. The temperature should be between 60 to 80 degrees.
Step 12
After one month, use the plastic tubing to siphon the wine into the new jug, leaving all the sediment behind.
Step 13
Stir the spices into the wine.
Step 14
Cover the lid of the jug with a clean piece of plastic wrap, securing it with the rubber band.
Step 15
Set the wine aside for a few more months to finish fermenting. Then enjoy a cup of delicious homemade apple pie wine.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good. I think you would need more apple juice though, other wise it would be pretty thin. Not sure about the lemonade, never had that with apple.

Seems like the lemon would cut the sweetness a bit so it wouldn't be syrupy, sounds like a good edition to an apple pie type of wine. The apple juice does seem a bit week. Usually 3 cans(11-120z) of frozen and enough water to make a gallon seems to be the norm. Other than that sounds like a great recipe to drink warm on a cold winter night. At least for those of us who know what winter is!! (I was just out shoveling snow and was wondering what it must be like to have never seen snow, and lots of people haven't)

Our friend Betty in Belize may not enjoy it!!LOL Might have to get her the skeeter pee recipe, sounds like a thirst quencher.

Sounds pretty good. I think you would need more apple juice though, other wise it would be pretty thin. Not sure about the lemonade, never had that with apple.

Seems like the lemon would cut the sweetness a bit so it wouldn't be syrupy, sounds like a good edition to an apple pie type of wine. The apple juice does seem a bit week. Usually 3 cans(11-120z) of frozen and enough water to make a gallon seems to be the norm. Other than that sounds like a great recipe to drink warm on a cold winter night. At least for those of us who know what winter is!! (I was just out shoveling snow and was wondering what it must be like to have never seen snow, and lots of people haven't)

Our friend Betty in Belize may not enjoy it!!LOL Might have to get her the skeeter pee recipe, sounds like a thirst quencher.

I really don't know, guys... I've not made this wine yet. I was looking for a recipe and couldn't fine one in the website, so I Googled it and put it in the recipe section. Maybe someone will give it a try and we'll know more about it.
HB

Thanks for the heads-up T-Roy... I already had the Cat's Meow 3 saved on my desktop, but I didn't have the others. This will come in handy if I decide to brew some beer this coming spring.
Snowing like crazy outside... just heard the snow plow drive by on the highway at the foot of the hill.
Take care...
HB

Making Apple Pie Wine

Things You'll Need:
12 ounce can of frozen apple juice concentrate, 100 percent juice
6 ounce can of frozen lemonade
1 pound of sugar
1 gallon of water
1/2 teaspoon pectic enzyme
1 packet of wine yeast
2 cinnamon sticks
4 whole allspice
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
Stainless steel pot
2 one-gallon glass jugs, cleaned and sanitized
Rubber band
Plastic wrap
Funnel
Chopstick or other long stick for stirring
4 foot length of clear plastic tubing from an aquarium shop

Step 1
Remove the frozen apple juice and frozen lemonade concentrates from the freezer and let them defrost.
Step 2
Place one quart of water in the stainless steel pot and bring it to a boil.
Step 3
Remove the pot of water from the stove and add the sugar, stirring so the sugar dissolves.
Step 4
Using the funnel, pour the warm water into one of the gallon jugs.
Step 5
Add the thawed apple juice and thawed lemonade to the jug, stirring with the chopstick.
Step 6
Stir in the pectic enzyme and the remaining three quarts of water.
Step 7
Cover the lid of the jug with the plastic wrap, securing it with the rubber band.
Step 8
Place the jug in a warm, dark space for 24 hours.
Step 9
Remove the plastic wrap and stir in a packet of wine yeast.
Step 10
Cover the lid of the jug with a new piece of plastic wrap, securing it with the rubber band.
Step 11
Place the jug in a warm, dark space for one month so the wine can begin to ferment. The temperature should be between 60 to 80 degrees.
Step 12
After one month, use the plastic tubing to siphon the wine into the new jug, leaving all the sediment behind.
Step 13
Stir the spices into the wine.
Step 14
Cover the lid of the jug with a clean piece of plastic wrap, securing it with the rubber band.
Step 15
Set the wine aside for a few more months to finish fermenting. Then enjoy a cup of delicious homemade apple pie wine.

WOW, the recipe is kinda scary. I am not sure about the lemonade, that might be a little too much. Also there was no yeast nutrient listed I would be concerned about fermenting. And the spices I think might be a little too strong. I did a 3 gallon batch of spiced apple wine list year and added 3 sticks of cinnamon and the wine came out with just a hint of cinnamon. It was just right.

I am going to try making an apple pie wine. I currently have 5 gallons of apple wine aging. When I rack next, I am going to add 5 cinnamon sticks and then backsweeten with brown sugar.

I do not add ginger or allspice to my apple pie so I decided not add it to my wine but I does sound interesting.

If anyone does use this recipe I would be very interested in the results.

Julie

WOW, the recipe is kinda scary. I am not sure about the lemonade, that might be a little too much. Also there was no yeast nutrient listed I would be concerned about fermenting. And the spices I think might be a little too strong. I did a 3 gallon batch of spiced apple wine list year and added 3 sticks of cinnamon and the wine came out with just a hint of cinnamon. It was just right.

I am going to try making an apple pie wine. I currently have 5 gallons of apple wine aging. When I rack next, I am going to add 5 cinnamon sticks and then backsweeten with brown sugar.

I do not add ginger or allspice to my apple pie so I decided not add it to my wine but I does sound interesting.

If anyone does use this recipe I would be very interested in the results.

Julie

Julie, how did this wine turn out? I'm about to press 105# of cored, quartered and frozen apples. I've been reading for 2 evenings looking at different apple wine recipes and am wondering about the spice part. Some have cloves, allspice and most have cinnamon sticks either in the primary or added during aging. How long did you add the cinnamon sticks for and how did the wine turn out?

Turned out very well. I left the cinnamon sticks in for about 2 months, but I would taste here and there to make sure I wasn't over doing it. Adding cloves and allspice does make for a good tasting wine but the problem I found was it can take over the wine real quick. Since I only add cinnamon to my apple pie and everyone loves it, I figured that would be good enough for my wine. And if came out good.

Latest posts

Back