Corking 375ml bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
I have a Portugeese floor corker and I love it. I recently bought a case of 375 ml bottles for some of my wines. What do any of you use anything to split the difference in height between the 750 and 375 sizes?

I used a 2 x 4 but was curious if there was anything easier than that.

If you mean to put under the short 375ml bottles, then you need a HOCKEY PUCK.

Steve

I have the same corker, and I have bottled two batches in 375ml bottles. I didn't need to do anything different to cork them, the corker's bottle base just came up a little farther and just worked.

That depends on the bottle if you need the puck or not, I usually dont need 1 with the 375;s but always need 1 with the 175's.

Guess I must have bought the taller ones, the only kind they had at the local shop anyways. What do you put in 175s? That's like one glass full just about. Single serving wine bottles?

I use them to test batches like Amarone so I dont open a normal size bottle to early. I open these at 6 month intervals.

Hmm, I guess a Portugese hockey player is no stranger than a Jamacian bobsledder.

I usually just throw a piece of 2x4 on the corker. Works fine for me.

Back