WineXpert Island Mist Hard Limeade

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnwc2004

Reaction score
Bought this kit from a local store. The owner told me he made this kit and then added 5 oz priming sugar before bottling in 22 oz beer bottles. He said he left out one of the finishing packets. This produced a slightly carbonate beverage. Similar to Mikes hard margaritas. The problem is I can't remember which packet he said to skip. Also would I skip the degassing step too? Of course I know I can call him, but I thought I would ask here first.
Thank you for the help!
Oh and does anyone know where I can purchase a Fontana Carmenere wine kit? Im having a hard time locating one
:b

Most likely eliminated the sorbate. That way, the priming sugar produced some fermentation in the bottle, adding some carbonation.

Hard to eliminate the sorbate in an Island Mist kit, its in the F pack.
There are TWO doses of sorbate in an Island Mist kit. The main dose is a small packet that can easily be omitted. There is a small dose of sorbate in the F pack. It is enough to prevent the F pack from fermenting in storage but not enough to prevent re-fermentation in the full 6 gallon batch.

So leaving out the sorbate package should be good enough.

Steve

Thank you for the help! This is a wonderful forum ! Would I still degas the wine?

Thank you for the help! This is a wonderful forum ! Would I still degas the wine?
Degassing can help with the clearing. Not certain that it is necessary though. Not something that I have tried.

Steve

Latest posts

Back