Other Favorite White Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colorado_wade

Reaction score
I'm looking to make a high end white kit. I was wondering what is the best, or your favorite white kit that you guys have done.

Thank you!
Wade

My favorite is WE Eclipse Sonoma Dry Creek Chardonnay. I'm a red drinker, but I really like this white.

My favorite is WE Eclipse Sonoma Dry Creek Chardonnay. I'm a red drinker, but I really like this white.

Good to know. I'm also a red drinker and almost never drink white wine but i'm thinking of starting a kit someday. Maybe this month ??? :h
Will check this kit.

Plus, this wine is ready to drink literally almost immediately. Give it three months and it's a very full, refreshing wine.

Good time to start it now for summer.

Eclipse Sauvignon Blanc. I'm a big, bold red drinker as well, but really like this SB!

RJS Winery Series South Africa Sauvignon Blanc is not too shabby IMHO and it was number 4 in the top 100 in winemaker mag

cheers

Wade, Natrix,
Report back in a couple months and let me know how you like it. Good luck.

Ted

Does anyone tweak at all or go by the directions on the whites?

Other than yeast changes, I never have. I do know that some have added a small amount of tartaric acid or grapefruit zest for some of the 'crisp' whites like Sauvignon Blanc.

This post talked me into ordering the WE Eclipse Sonoma Dry Creek Chardonnay, too! I just ordered it as my first wine kit. I'll make a new thread once it comes in and I get it started.

Does anyone tweak at all or go by the directions on the whites?

Don't drink a lot of white but do prefer chards slightly oaked. Since the Eclipse kit didn't include oak, I added 1 oz of chips to primary. Came out spot on.

Also went with the ICV-D47 yeast. Might try BA11 for comparison next time.

Mine shipped today. I'll probably start it on Sunday. Will definitely let you know how things go.

Wade

I was trying to get the same from my whites as my reds. However I realized I like a light refreshing white rather than a full bodied wine.

Latest posts

Back