WineXpert Australian Petit Verdot Wine Making Kit w/ Grape Skins - Selection International

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates on these? I've still got this one in the 'possibilities' pile. Wondering if it might be improved with additional grape skins, oak, etc.(?)

We still have one bottle, which is now approaching four years. May have to crack it open soon to see if it got better. If we were to make this again, I would definitely add some tweaks.

We still have one bottle, which is now approaching four years. May have to crack it open soon to see if it got better. If we were to make this again, I would definitely add some tweaks.

I did add a medium toast oak spiral to mine for 3 months during bulk aging.

I made this kit with no tweaks. I was low on wine and wanted something ready without a lot of aging. It did not disappoint. At the same time
I did a number of Eclipse kits. It did not measure up to them but was very drinkable. I found it medium body. While maturing early I didn't notice any real improvement with longer aging. I did use it to top up a number of kits for bulk aging.

Latest posts

Back