Packlab Cornucopia Peach Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramfan13

Junior
Reaction score
Hi. I am about to make this wine and it is the first of the fruit wine/mist kits I have made. Want to make an easy drinking wine for summer. I want to bring ABV up to 11-12 percent if possible. I am wondering best way to do this. I have added some sugar before and I have heard some add some of the F pack up front. I would really like to add some frozen white grape juice, but I can't seem to find any without sorbate in them. Has anyone had this problem and would this cause problem for fermentation. Thanks.

I'm told white grape concentrate will add body, flavor and help w the ABV. I'm in the middle of a WE Island Mist Peach Mango and I started with a lb. of sugar and a liter of concentrate. It bumped my OG to 1.072. Good for 10.5%.

Welch's white grape frozen concentrate is from Niagara grapes and does not have any sorbate. just defrost in microwave and add directly to must do not add water to the concentrate. the specific gravity will go up and more body will be added to the wine. can go as high as one can per gallon, however I would measure specific gravity after each addition so not to exceed a specific gravity of 1.092 which is 12% ABV.

Latest posts

Back