A Touch of Cranberry (2nd place Mazers Cup)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
Hey all, I would like to thank you all for the encouragement I have received before and after medaling at the Mazers Cup International competition.

Since, it placed I figured it would be worth my time to take the highlights from my mead thread and compile them down into a recipe in case anyone wanted to try and duplicate and or modify it.

I have my process attached in the PDF. I hope that it is easier to read than the rather lengthy thread I kept for it.

View attachment A Touch Of Cranberry Melomel.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks for your recipe and notes, Seth. What is it about cold stabilization that drops particles out of suspension? Are the particles that drop out only tartaric acid or does the cold cause yeast cells to flocculate

Honestly, it is a mystery to me. It does not look like acid. Perhaps some sort of honey protein or something. I cold stabilized a carboy of mead made from the same honey that looked pretty good and was over a year old and it dropped inches of sediment.

I never had a melomel, but love cranberry. Would love to try one some day!
I second the congratulations! ;)

Latest posts

Back