Hello from California

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smartdog

Reaction score
While I don't drink any more wine, I don't drink any less either.

After many hundreds of moons I am about to embarque on the wine making adventure again.

I have no equipment, and do wonder what a good starting point is equipment wise. Definately plan to scale up, so do not want to buy something that I will only use once. But money is an object also (I'm cheap, will drop $2k for my wife on a Genie lapidary machine, but not ready to spend $2k for a crush machine I can rent for $59 at MoreWine).

Any insight and help is appreciated.

Technicaliteis do not bother me as I am an engineer.

And neither does spelling.

Can you be more specific as to what you want to make as in kit wine or from fresh grapes and what quantities?

Smartdod welcome aboard. I would suggest you call one of our sponsers list above. They will guide you through exactly everything you need without selling stuff you don't need.

Can you be more specific as to what you want to make as in kit wine or from fresh grapes and what quantities?

I eventually want to be making wine from fresh grapes, but start with kits and work up through frozen pails.

Eventually I want to try sparkling wine.

I am not ready to do 200 gallons a year. But I want to make more than four or five bottles using a fancy all in one three step doodad.

Welcome aboard!! I think Dan is right - i would call one of the vendors and they can hook you up with what you need. Some of the starting kits they have you can swap items out - one i would recommend is going with the floor corker instead of the hand held one.

Welcome smartdog.. With a hometown like that you should be a natural wine maker. Lots of good information here.

Either of the 2 banners above that are in rotation are good places to buy a whole equipment package including everything youll need to make a 6 gallon batch of wine. Below is a link to the package I would buy. If you call him you can also swap out some stuff for another which I would do with at least the corker and get the Portugeuse floor corker instead for a few more bucks, youll thank me later!!!!!
http://www.finevinewines.com/p-2176-1010.aspx

Latest posts

Back