Other Favorite White Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done 6 Eclipse kits (all reds with juice pkgs) and they are pretty special. Our favorites are the Zinfandel and the Shiraz. I bottled a Cab yesterday that I started in March 2016. It is still a little harsh and could likely use another 6 months to a year
In the bottle.
I have not tried the Eclipse Merlot but it seems like the most popular and is on my list.

Don't know if this is a problem or not : I made a WE Eclipse Sonoma Dry Creek Char in April. In June, after 7 weeks, got 30 bottles out of the kit. Let them sit in the wine fridge for a couple of weeks and started drinking it. Excellent flavor and aroma, think it is on par with Rombauer Chard. The first 6 or so bottles, the wine was a nice pale yellow color, about what we would expect from a chard. But, the last 3 bottles, the wine has been a very dark golden yellow. The wine is still excellent and still on par with the Rombauer. The question is: is it normal for the chardonnay to darken in color over time?

Don't know if this is a problem or not : I made a WE Eclipse Sonoma Dry Creek Char in April. In June, after 7 weeks, got 30 bottles out of the kit. Let them sit in the wine fridge for a couple of weeks and started drinking it. Excellent flavor and aroma, think it is on par with Rombauer Chard. The first 6 or so bottles, the wine was a nice pale yellow color, about what we would expect from a chard. But, the last 3 bottles, the wine has been a very dark golden yellow. The wine is still excellent and still on par with the Rombauer. The question is: is it normal for the chardonnay to darken in color over time?

I made this about 3.5 years ago, and it darkened over time, too. I have a few bottles left, and they are now almost the color of a mead. I don't think the flavor suffered from it, since it kept tasting better over time. However after about 3 years I think the flavor starts to mellow.

Latest posts

Back