What is the best fruit wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone done a wine from Blackcherry juice? I've used some of this to sweeten a port I'm making and it seems to have excellent potential for a wine.

Anyone done a wine from Blackcherry juice? I've used some of this to sweeten a port I'm making and it seems to have excellent potential for a wine.

From full black cherries yes, and it was a very good wine. If I could find them again at a reasonable price (that orchard closed) I would certainly do a port out of them.

I made a cherry that everyone liked. The trick seems to be to use tart cherries and use an f-pak. Not much on sweet wines though myself, so I like the dry black currant I made pretty well.

Gowers Choice said:
Persimmon has always been one of my favorites. Followed by Blackberry, Cherry, and Raspberry.

Gowers,
Has the persimmon wine you like been made from Asian persimmons or the native variety? I have ~10 gal or wine now from native persimmons and so far it is not nearly as good as my citrus wines (Valencia, Satsuma, Calamindin, etc)

I'll say. I used at least 6 pounds per gallon. I guess it has sufficient flavor but to me, it tastes almost like medicine. The acid and ph are in range. It is just flat and does not taste good. I have bottled it and will forget it at least two months, maybe longer.

I bet it will be good then.

Well I didn't wait three months on the strawberry. I tried it last night and it was pretty good. Much better mouthfeel and a pleasant flavor. I will try again in a month.

berries are the best

:try FOR me it's the berries,raspberry and blackberry,they not only make a great wine and port but they are terrific in blending into other wines .:HB

My family and I sampled some of my blackberry wine this weekend and experimented with mixing it with Merlot. Very nice. The ladies like my strawberry chocolate. Peach is pretty good, but I don't care for the gallon I mixed with bananas. I personally love my persimmon wine, but I haven't really gotten any feedback from anyone else on that. The Welch's cherry/white grape recipe I got from Keller makes a very easy drinking wine that is an early drinker.

Most of my 'fruit' wine is in various stages of aging. I do have some cherry wine in the bottle that is pretty good but since I've made it I have learned quite a bit so I'm very excited for the next time I make it. A different cherry wine I have going shows lots of promise as well as the blueberry I have aging as well. I have a blackberry aging as well that I oaked. It's going to need a lot of time still as the oak is much to pronounced.

Being from Georgia, I'll have to say Peach. I also like Blueberry and Blackberry.

I've decided my next batch of wine is going to be a blackcherry wine, as basic as possible.

I've made a blackberry wine that I think will be awesome, if early tasting plays out later. It goes without saying---but I will---that at my house the blend of blackberry/raspberry/blueberry that goes into the Dragon Blood is a definate hit with everyone. I couldn't get the flavor I wanted in the strawberry or peach without adding extracts, but they turned out great with the added flavorings (natural extracts, of course).

Hmm. I like the idea of blending the blackberry with merlot, since I have both clearing right now. I am yet to do much blending at all, so I think I might have to try it with these.

Latest posts

Back