After racking into carboy ????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pightr

Reaction score
After racking into the first carboy after 8 days once the SG got down to 1.010 do I need to keep this at a particular temperature? Instructions on my kit have no information about if needed to keep at the same temp as before (65-75). Thanks in advance for the help.

keep it at about 70-75. there is still active fermentation.

Keep it around 75* until everything with this wine has been done including degassing, and clearing. Once its time to age the wine the only important temp is a stable temp but cooler is better.

pightr:

When asking about a kit, please tell us the EXACT brand and variety every time. It helps to provide a better answer.

Winexpert recommends the same temperature throughout the entire process. Thus temperature is only mentioned at the start.

For some (maybe all) of their kits, RJ Spagnols recommends lower temperatures towards the end.

As Wade has already mentioned, the temperature for degassing should be about 75F.

Steve

Last edited:
cpfan is right according to instruction but from my experience ive seen many a wine(RJSpagnols included) not clear well until temps were briught up. Maybe its just a phenomen in my basement?

Thanks for all the advice. Sorry for not posting this. The kit is a Vitner's Best wine kit. White Zin. The instructions don't say anything about keeping a temp after the first rack but I would assume you guys are all on the right page because it is still fermenting. Thanks again!!

Like wade said around 70 - 75 degrees - fermentation, degassing, and clearing all perform better at these temps.

Latest posts

Back