Want TO Buy Cabernet Seeds

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz

Reaction score
I live in Costa Rica which is not a great grape growing country. I would, however, like to try growing some cabernet grapes for wine making. Shipping cuttings or vines in would not make it through customs. That is why I am thinking seeds but can't seem to locate any. Can anyone direct me to a source?

Hi,
I live in Bulgaria,Europe and right know I am checking what can I do to help you.If I GOT SOME RESULTS I will contact you.Not very sure is my climate is similar with yours in Costa Rica.Salute.

Last edited:
Sorry to say, but there are no true Cab Sauv seeds available that are real. The cross was made many years ago which reulted in that variety and they are now reproduced through cuttings, etc. It would be like expecting to get another exact person by having the same parents have another baby - they just aren't the same even if it was done.

Thanks for your feedback. I did speak to the guy that is the most up on grape growing in Costa Rica. He said for grapes to grow here they must me planted below 800 meters. I live almost a mile high in elevation up in the mountains. So I have pretty much given up that idea and am trying my hand in fruit wines.

Latest posts

Back