B-Brite

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
I picked some of this up on my last trip to Harford Vineyard. After fermenting the insanely dark Malbec for 14 days, my white Brute was badly stained. I mixed up some B-Brite after cleaning all the gear from pressing and went to work on stain removal. Well, it didn't take much. Almost on contact, the stains came right out and the Brute is looking as good as new. I'll definitely be keeping some B-Brite around. Good stuff.

I'll have to look into that! Whenever I use the Craftmeister oxygen cleaner, it leaves some white residue behind which adds additional work to clean off, lol.

George at FVW turned me on to B-Brite when I first got started in winemaking, it's been my go to ever since. When cleaning carboys, be super careful, it makes them extremely slippery until rinsed off.

I use OxyClean Free, which makes everything slippery too. When washing carboys, I try to use a dry towel when holding them whenever possible, as it really increase my grip. Even a slightly damp towel helps. I'm usually only washing one or two at a time, so one extra towel in the wash is worth the peace of mind for me.

Latest posts

Back