Cool bottles we found

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenEnvy22

Reaction score
My wife and I had our anniversary (sans kids) this past weekend in the Poconos. We found this wine from Germany with really cool bottles.

The bottle is clear but mostly frosted. There is a clear spot on the front, and looking through you see a painting, which is painted on the back of the bottle. There were several different paintings between the bottles, all Riesling.

It's a cool idea. I'd love to try making something similar some time. Wine was pretty good too (if you like a sweet Riesling).

Anyone seen something like this before?

castlewinebottle1.jpg

castlewinebottle.jpg

I've seen a few of these before! If I recall, the Sterling Castle Riesling has a similar design.

I frosted my bottles using frosted glass spray paint (used for shower doors). Just used three coats and covered the top of the bottle with painters tape.

From what I've gathered, the main issue is labels peeling off, but I think if you used painters tape where the label goes, it should be fine.

w5Dgnvd.jpg

Last edited:
My wife and I had our anniversary (sans kids) this past weekend in the Poconos. We found this wine from Germany with really cool bottles.

The bottle is clear but mostly frosted. There is a clear spot on the front, and looking through you see a painting, which is painted on the back of the bottle. There were several different paintings between the bottles, all Riesling.

It's a cool idea. I'd love to try making something similar some time. Wine was pretty good too (if you like a sweet Riesling).

Anyone seen something like this before?

Wow!!! What an amazing bottle. Thanks for sharing !! I want !!!!

Latest posts

Back