RIP: Tom Petty

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still in denial and I hope the conflicting news reports are correct.

He may be technically still alive but it doesn't sound too good.

UPDATE: 1:35 PM PT -- Sources tell us at 10:30 Monday morning a chaplain was called to Tom's hospital room. We're told the family has a "do not resuscitate" order on Tom. The singer is not expected to live through the day, but he's still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer's death is inaccurate -- the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. handled the emergency.

2017 has been an awful year for me, in terms of losses near me and also people like Tom Petty who were mileposts of my life. He was the soundtrack of my life in the '80s. I also lost my best friend, age 56, and another close friend, age 58. I have an elderly aunt in the hospital now and my elderly Dad is beginning to lose his mental acuity. I'll be happy to see this year end.

It has reinforced in me the desire to stop living the workaday life I am living now as soon as I possibly can and start living the life I desire. I deeply desire to move beyond living to serve others' agendas for the majority of my week. It is a strange thing, but I seem to have outgrown the whole "career" thing.

Currently, I await stability on the healthcare insurance front in the U.S. That may be a few more years, but once it arrives, I am free.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back