NEED HELP! Very strange issue...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The science part of winemaking can be a high hill to climb for new winemakers. So don't forget to study all you can. It took me quite a while, as well.

I have just started a peach wine. I added half the yeast nutrient right away. It looks like I have a good fermentation started. It looks like I should have waited but am I running any risks for have added the yeast nutrients so soon? Thank you.

iridium---the same advice remains. Now that you're aware that this is bad practice, don't do it anymore. Sometimes you can get away scott-free doing something like this. And then the next time you have a big problem. This is why it's necessary to understand WHY you're doing WHAT you're doing.

Don't know about Johnsmyname' peach batch but mine (Started July 11, 2017 is still cloudy.) I used bentonite 10 days into the process (After fermentation) Had the same problem with super thick consistency. If I held the hydrometer so the bulb just touched the surface and then let go the fat part of the bulb would just barely go into the goo. After about 48 hours it was pretty much back to normal behavior. I had to wait until then to pitch the yeast since I couldn't get an accurate SG reading. Now I have to decide when to run it though my filter (Harris gravity filter)

Will be interesting to hear how his batch is doing.

Latest posts

Back